“Excellent Staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Washington DC
“Excellent Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

The staff at this hotel was excellent. They were extremely helpful and accomodating. Room was fine for the one night we were there (hence the overall "average" rating). Lobby/bar area was confortable (with a large plasma TV). Excellent location. Standout, though, was the staff!

• Stayed August 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

I had the same problem this stay as I had several years ago when I stayed here. When I made the reservation, I asked if the pool and hot tub were working. They said yes.
After our family got there for a hard earned weekend getaway, the hot tub was not working. Staff said, sorry a call has been put in to the repair folks.
Hotel was clean and comfortable with everything one would need otherwise. Good location near the mall and maybe 10 minutes from the University of Michigan. Breakfast buffett was a bit expensive for us at $9 per person.
Next trip, I plan to stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door; maybe their hot tub will be working as advertised.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Non working hot tub
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northern MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

Stayed one nite in King Suite. Great for family of five. Hotel clean and staff professinal. Minutes from U of M campus. Pool/hot tub were great, workout room small but clean and quality machines. Sunday brunch excellent (only $8.95) and staff was great, even made us a special plate as brunch was near closing time. Highly recommend, will definitely stay again.

Stayed September 2007
Derby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2007

Located in business district with other hotels in vicinity. There is a shopping mall approx 1/2mile away and a few eateries within walking distance. Approx 2 miles from downtown.

Clean spacious room, recently renovated with free wireless internet.

There is a restaurant serving breakfast and dinner and a limited bar on site. However during our stay the restaurant was closed during weekend except for breakfast. Room service is available although not sure if this operates at weekend either.

Stayed January 2007
Rockville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2006

In spite of having called earlier about our late arrival, the room was not held for us. The person at the front desk claimed that the person who took the call did not make a note of it. As we had prepaid for the room through Priceline, I dont see how they could have given it to somebody else. We were tired after a long drive and we had to wait while the front desk person tried to find a room for us in another hotel. We finally had to settle for a smoking room in a nearby hotel. I am allergic to the smell of smoke and was not able to sleep at all. Needless to say, we will never come to this hotel again. The front desk person was totally unapologetic too!

Stayed August 2006
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2006

Was here on business for three nights. Marriott Platinum Rewards member, stay in Marriott and Hilton properties throughout the country.

Recent renovation - actually still in progress while I was there - make the rooms quite comfortable. It is quite a hike from the front desk to the elevator, and you are pretty much stuck using the front door for now, so be ready for a long walk every time you go in or out.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2004

I had made reservations at the Courtyard Marriott approximately 3 months in advance to ensure I would have the type I room I requested.
When I arrived at the hotel check in went very smoothly and we proceeded to take our luggage to the room. As soon as I opened the door I took a quick glance and realized that this was NOT the room I reserved. There were 4 adults in our group as well as a toddler and infant - I reserved a suite with a king size bed and a sofa bed and we were put in a room with 1 queen size bed and no sofa bed. I was being charged the rate quoted for the more expensive room even though that was not the room we were placed in. Not to mention I was paying extra for a mini fridge and microwave which wasn't there either. I went back to the front desk and was told that a reservation only guaranttees a room will be available and that they do not guaranttee that people will be given the type of room they reserve. I was also told that I should feel free to cancel the reservation and find a room elsewhere. Which is exactly what I did.

• Stayed August 2002

Been to Courtyard Ann Arbor? Share your experiences!