“This place needs a new computer. OTHERWISE EXCELLENT STAY HERE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall

You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   1501 Briarwood Circle Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
“This place needs a new computer. OTHERWISE EXCELLENT STAY HERE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Took over 30 minutes to check in... The poor hotel clerk Had a very hard time with the computer Had to restart it several times......with Check in complete.
The room upon arrival was great smell good...room temperature nice warm 68 degrees..And everything its proper place and clean .... I will highly recommend this establishment for any length of stay.
A+
they just need something done about the check in process

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your room was clean and comfortable. I also apologize that there were computer errors and that it took longer than usual for check-in; we are looking into the functionality of our computer system. Still, I am happy to read that your overall stay was enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff was excellent, called me Sir a lot and asked if everything was okay, met the head maintenance man and we chatted for half an hour, friendly people, lovely location, Hilton near by, Banks and Restaurants, room was the best outside the one I stayed in DC but it cost me $150.00 dollars a night, where this one is a lot less, check for reviews, I would not lie to you, go FORWARD and keep the Democrats in power, or war in Syria like Iraq and Afghanistan, had enough in Viet Nam,,finally getting THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE a little late after being spit on and called baby killer, what is wrong with this country, one word!! Ready?? STUPIDITY. At least respected here, like being called Sir though I used to work for a living as a combat field medic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that everyone treated you with the respect that you deserve. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My 5 day stay here was great, my room was clean, had a bit of Odor but nothing some febreeze didn't fix. Full size fridge and 2 burner range with microwave was great. Love having a new LG flat screen with 27 channels. I travel a lot so have a blu-ray player I travel with so I can rent red box movies at store locally. The Wi fi is free but you can upgrade to a faster speed by day or week. Plenty of washers and dryers ($2) each so $4 a load. Walking distance to mall and bus stop. But the best asset is staff. They were helpful in directions and as a walk-in they offered me excellent rate and beat all other hotels by $70 a night. Anthony at front desk was great, remembered my name and always checked if there was anything I needed and checked on my stay. I had problem with my phone and it was changed very quick. There are newer, nicer hotels but I have no problem choosing this over them. I even had a view of lake and mall

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Kevin - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was warm and welcoming. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Ann Arbor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've been living here for over a year and am very satisfied with the arrangements. I recently relocated here for work, but would like to go back to my hometown someday. The price and the fact I didn't need to sign a lease brought me here, but there are many reasons I've stayed. Again, the price, but also the location, staff, and amenities kept me here. All the employees are very helpful and nice.

The room I have does have outdated furniture and appliances, but I've brought some of my own, and I appreciate that I have a full-size refrigerator and a brand-new TV and bed mattress. The size of the room is pretty good too. I've looked at various apartments in the area, and you can get one at about the same price as staying here, but you have to sign a lease and pay some utilities as well. Here, there are no utilities to pay. I have internet service and cable TV. I'm right by the mall, bus stops, restaurants, and fairly close to downtown.

The only real downside was that the room wasn't very clean when I got here, but now I prefer to clean it myself. Also, it was too hot in the summer weather. However, the heating in the winter was just fine. I do worry about the dust and lack of (?) filters in the heating/cooling system in my room because I have several medical conditions despite being a working professional. On the upside, there are U of M medical facilities within walking distance, and this works great for me since I have several medical appointments throughout the month.

Other than that, there is nothing to complain about. The rooms are quiet, the other guests are respectful, the staff (again) is really great, the location is perfect, the amenities are just what I need, and the price with no commitment is just right for me. Thanks. : D

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased that your overall stay has been a good one. I sincerely apologize that we fell short on the cleanliness area. In response to your feedback, I am working with my team daily to improve the cleanliness of our product. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at daa@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Seven Hills, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My stay was not very comfortable, I had no hot water to take a shower three mornings. Two of the others mornings was hit or miss. I do understand that on my second day there they had a problem with a part on the hot water tank that had to be ordered, but I can not believe in this day and age of overnight delivery and 24 hour plumbing service that is was not scheduled to be repaired until the day I was checking out. The communication between the staff was terrible. I would go to the front desk every day and if it was a different person than the day before they knew nothing about "the hot water problem." I did get a phone call from the Manager the day before I was leaving, after leaving a few messages for her, and was compensated a LITTLE for my discomfort but I have a poor opinion of the way the situation was handled.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The water issues you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am working with our vendor to better communicate issues with the staff in order to provide this information also to our guest. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at daa@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I wish I could upload pictures of this place. The furniture is chipped and ugly, the appliances are dull and aging. Dirt and grime line the door frames and the walls. The cabinet doors are misaligned or don't close all the way. Carpets are dirty throughout the hotel, as is the chair in our room, which is covered with gross white stains. The entire room needs a seriously deep cleaning. The phone is not plugged into the wall, and the fire alarm is missing from the ceiling. There is no pool, no hot tub, no workout facility, no continental breakfast. There wasn't even coffee this morning at 8:30am.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we did not uphold the cleanliness standards that we strive for. In response to your feedback, I am working with my team daily to improve the cleanliness of our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me at daa@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Bronson, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here four plus weeks while my husband had cancer treatment. It was quiet, clean, the beds were very, very comfortable. Nice little kitchen and breakfast was good. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you slept well on one of our new mattresses. They were just replaced recently and your feedback is appreciated. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room, our grab-and-go breakfast as well as our friendly staff.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall? Share your experiences!