“Would recommend this hotel in a heart beat!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Barrington, Rhode Island
“Would recommend this hotel in a heart beat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Best experience ever! Best value! Every staff member smiled and greeted you - every time! Room was modern and clean. Pool was well maintained. Breakfast had a huge selection which included warm options. Hot drinks available next to front desk ....free 24/7. Forgot a toothbrush.... no problem... provided at no cost. Free Wifi for multiple devices in room, no charge. Bottled water in room, no charge. Need a fridge or microwave in your room... no problem just ask, no charge. Need to wash a few clothes...facility available, no charge. What a pleasure after staying at a Sheraton in Portland OR two months ago where everything was a la cart. Thank you Hampton Inn Ann Arbor South for making our visit to University of Michigan such a wonderful experience! We will be back next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you thank you thank you! Such nice comments. The staff here are real genuine hospitality people - they aim to please. And I am so happy they didn't let you down. They work hard every day to deliver the Hampton Guarantee as a well oiled team that they are. Please come back and visit us again soon as we are always happy to see returning faces.

Michelle McClintock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at this location over many weeks while on assignment in Ann Arbor. The facility was always clean, the staff friendly and helpful, the various rooms I occupied were all clean and quiet and comfortable and the breakfast met my expectations.

At times there were sports teams occupying large portions of the hotel. Not once was I disturbed by noise from them, even though my 'usual' room was by the elevator.

Room Tip: This location is often full or close to full. Discuss your preferences in advance directly with the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever been at. A seedy motel would be better. Checked in on July 9th and given a room that had a horrible odor. The carpet was soaking wet across half the room from an air conditioner that was leaking. The wood dresser in the room was warped from the dampness, mold was the predominant smell and the bed was small and uncomfortable. Sleeping on the floor would have been better, if it hadn't been soaked.
I checked out after 2hrs and was told I would be refunded 100% as per the Hampton Inn 100% garuantee. I was given a receipt that said my money had been returned. Just a paper of their lies. As of today, July 24th, I'm still trying to get my money back. I have spoke with Hampton Inn representatives multiple times, costing me money for the long distance calls, and have now threatened to take legal action.
Save yourself the headache, STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

I am so terribly sorry to hear about your ordeal. What an awful series of events. My housekeeping manager will certainly take care of any guest room issues as we do not like it when guests experience anything less than perfect. Your 100% guarantee does take a few days to take effect due to one bank talking to the other! If it isn't resolved, I ask that you call and speak to my Guest Service Manager, Danielle Brady who would be happy to assist. We really do want to make things right.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Convenient location - close to The University of Michigan, downtown Ann Arbor, and close to Detroit/Dearborn, etc since it is right off of the highway. Good for business or family travelers.

Friendly front desk, clean room / bathroom, and quiet. Would stay there again when in the area. Is exactly what I expect out of a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marietta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

In spite of my frequent stays at this facility, this time was awful - due entirely to a mattress that had long outlived it's product life. Other than that the location is very convenient for my business needs and the staff is as attentive as can be reasonably expected.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a very short trip and everything was what I expect from a Hampton property. In the morning, I was a bit clumsy and spilt coffee on my work attire. Asher, at the front desk, saw me do this and gave me a dress shirt from his car that he said doesn't quite fit him anyways. He gave me his home address incase I felt the need to return it. This is probably the most kind and above and beyond service I have ever received from anyone at a hotel. It was completely unexpected. If I'm ever in Ann Arbor again, I will stay at this Hampton.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Kalamazoo, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had multiple rooms in our group and many had to change. Hotel was full, so some rooms had to be used due to unavailability of other rooms. Rooms had wet carpet, beds that were not on bed frames properly, chlorine in pool was extremely high and food was awful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello,

I am so sorry for the issues that you encountered at our hotel. We strive everyday to exceed guests expectation, so on times like these we are left feeling awful. Please be assured that we take our comments in investigate thoroughly as comments like these only make us stronger. I do know that our professional carpet cleaners were in that week cleaning carpet, so I do apologize that the carpets weren't dry upon your arrival. I ask that you please try us again in the future as we do strive for customer satisfaction and know that next time we will do just that!

Michelle McClintock

Been to Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South? Share your experiences!