“Stay here often, great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Pittsburgh, PA
“Stay here often, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stay at this Hampton Inn about once per month. This trip, they were booked and I had to book at another hotel. When I got to the hotel I thought I booked, I discovered that I had booked at another property 20 minutes away. I asked if I could transfer my reservation and it turned out to be impossible. They wanted me to drive another 20 minutes after a 5 hour drive. I was so upset that I drove up to the Hampton Inn just to see if there were any cancellations. Shonteqa at the front desk found me a room and made sure it was okay. She just called to make sure I was happy with the room. Hampton Inn has a true believer! Thank you Shonteqa and Hampton Inn for letting her get me in.

Room Tip: Always consistent. I like higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MichelleMcclintockGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for such a nice review! I shared with the entire team how happy you were that Shonteqa was able to accommodate you at our hotel. We really do strive for 100% customer service and I am so glad that it was delivered in a time of need. We hope to see you again real soon, but never hesitant to call me directly if we appear sold out - we value our regular guests and will certainly see what we can do to accommodate!

Michelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Berrien Springs, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I always stay at the Hampton Inn and my experience has been great. This time could have been better. A first level room may not be the best as there is little that can be done for noise control. The room that was given to me and my mother in law shared a door with a neighboring room and I could hear the snoring from my room. And there was also a door that slammed shut every time it was used.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you, particularly the disruptive noises coming from other guests. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of more effectively soundproofing our connecting doors.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Hampton Inn South in Ann Arbor is a nice clean hotel. They provide a very good breakfast to start the day plus being close to downtown without the hassle of being downtown. Staff were very cordial and efficient, right from the check-in thru to the breakfast folks. The breakfast folks were especially good about having the food looked after, and cleaning the tables, as there was a large group of musicians staying an everyone was looked after. There also are great restaurants close by for dinner, recommend the Mediterrano.

Room Tip: Request 3rd or 4th floor room that's quiet, away from the elevator.
Arlington, VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stay at Hampton inn whenever I can. Free breakfast, free w-ifi, great pillows, clean rooms, and quiet. Nothing to nickel and dime you beyond the room rate. The staff at this hotel were very nice and friendly, and the price was awesome. Hampton usually has great amenities for a mid-range hotel, even though I rarely get a chance to use them. You really can't go wrong staying at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fishkill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel is just off Route 94, the interstate highway that takes you from the Detroit Metro Airport to Ann Arbor. It is also just a few minutes from the U. of MIchigan campus, so it's convenient for visiting students there. The staff is friendly and efficient, the rooms are clean and comfortable, there is an adequate breakfast included in the room rate, and we find Hampton Inns to be among the better hotels in this class of hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarkston, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed with a group at this hotel near Ann Arbor and Ypsi. Hotel rooms and lobby/breakfast area more recently renovated than hallways and other common areas. Breakfast well stocked, staff efficient cleaning tables. All staff very friendly and helpful. Overall good stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of our hotel! I shared with my breakfast staff your nice comments and told them to keep up the great job they do day in and day out! Our breakfast area may be a bit small, but they do quite well with keeping the flow moving properly.

Michelle
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Nice clean room, but lots of noise in the hall way.
Breakfast area was small and crowded. The staff was nice and friendly.
Lots of TV channels, which is a plus for me.
I would go back because of the cheaper price for the rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Ann Arbor-South? Share your experiences!