“Beautiful Hotel with Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2455 Carpenter Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48108   |
Special Offer
Amazon.com Gift Card
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
“Beautiful Hotel with Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My husband and I booked a block of rooms at this hotel for a few nights for our wedding party and out of town guests, as well as suites for ourselves and parents. We had plenty of room in our suite and were very comfortable. The facilities are gorgeous and proved to be a great setting for our "getting ready" photos on the day of the wedding - the french doors in the suites are a great touch! There are some nice gardens and comfy seating in the common areas also.
The staff were especially friendly and helpful, and they went above and beyond with some special requests and last minute changes we had. Even in the early stages of the booking process, they were responsive and helpful. Overall, it was a great experience, and we are very happy that we chose this hotel for our wedding weekend!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Erik V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Julie, we are so happy you chose the Regent for your out of town wedding guests. It was our pleasure to host everyone, including yourself & parents. Anytime we can be of service to you or your family, just let us know. Thanks for the great review too! Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is a very comfortable and clean hotel with very friendly staff. The pool and hot tub area are warm and inviting although the flooring is so slick it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of folks haven't slipped and broken an arm or leg.

The breakfast area needs a remodel as the food area is tiny and cramped. Scrambled eggs were tasteless and obviously made from powdered eggs. The sausage links were juicy, thick and had a nice pepper kick. Hash brown potatoes had a nice flavor but were not crisp.

The second floor has a nice recreation space with pool table, foosball etc.

There us a lot of construction on the main road so delays going south are common.

Stayed July 2014
Erik V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thanks for the review. We love to travel as well. We're happy you chose to stay with us - and for your honesty about where we can improve. I'll make sure the right people see your comments and suggestions. We're counting down the days until the construction is over, trust me. You're right in that it can cause delays going south. Only temporary though! Take care.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed here twice for medical - mostly DH while I in hospital. Very clean, quiet,calming environment, especially nice for those who are going back and forth to hospital. Rooms with mini fridge, microwave, comfortable beds, roomy baths. Close to hospital and Dominos Farms (20 min max in heavy trafic). Good hearty breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff.
Indoor pool is nice - we barely used it since it closed at 10pm. Would like to see it open til 11pm. Beautiful garden and gaazebo for some quiet time (closes at 10pm too).
Most smokers are by the front door which makes for an unfortunate first impression/welcome (wish all properties were non smoking!).
Take time to look at the beautiful international photos on the hallway walls. very nice.
Would recommend this place and would stay again.

Room Tip: You may wish to request a room that looks to courtyard instead of parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Erik V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for the kind (and thorough!) review, Melanie. I hope everything is OK related with the hospital visits. I apologize for the smokers at the front entrance. Every hotel in the state of Michigan must be non-smoking inside of the property, but people are still free to smoke outside. I will make sure our General Manager is aware your thoughts on this and the closing time of the pool. I'm glad you took time to check out the hallway photographs, they're gorgeous aren't they? Thank you for your business. Take care!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Easy to get to, wonderfully nice staff, and nice new rooms. I checked reviews here before booking and they are spot on - a great place to stay with easy access to restaurants, the campus, and shopping.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Erik V, Manager at Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Diane, thank you for your review! As well as for checking our TripAdvisor page prior to staying. We hope you'll stay again when visiting Ann Arbor! Take care.
ann arbor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Every time I travel to Ann Arbor (I'm originally from A2!) I should remember to stay here! The rooms are clean and updated, the bathrooms are spacious. I enjoyed the he staff is quite pleasant, and always ready to help an old- timer like myself find my way around again. I especially enjoy that they know the ins and outs of construction traffic, ha!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bella, thanks for your business! We're always happy to help you in anyway possible, especially with tips on how to navigate the construction out front. Thanks for your review!
Medford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Was planning a business/pleasure trip to Ann Arbor, had no clue where to stay, and consulted Tripadvisor for a hotel recommendation. Based on the positive reviews, I booked a room at the Regent, and could not have been more satisfied. The staff was always cheerful and solicitous. The room was clean, comfortable, and well-appointed. The courtyard was beautifully landscaped, and was an ideal spot to sip coffee, read, or just reflect. There was plenty of free parking, and the hotel was an easy drive to Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, and within 30 minutes of Detroit Metro Airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rick, thanks for consulting TripAdvisor before booking your hotel room! The staff is always so cheerful because we pass by the garden area all day. It's true! Although we don't get to sip coffee and read like our guests do. We're glad you enjoyed your stay! Take care.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I've actually never written a review on this site before, but my stay here was so nice that I really wanted to give them a write up. (I almost hesitated, because part of me wishes that this place remain a well-kept secret for those of us in the know, but I guess that would be a bit unfair.) I travel relatively often, and this hotel was one of the nicest I've ever stayed at. It's a small hotel -- only two stories -- so it's a really low-key place without hordes of convention-goers clogging the common areas; coming back here after a long day was genuinely relaxing. The property is very pretty; my room faced a lovely fountain with a seating area. I stayed on the second floor, and really liked the way it was laid out, with a lounge area and pool table in the center of the floor. They also had two vending machines with a really good selection of drinks -- very important for those of us who need our diet cola fix! The entire hotel was very clean, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. I found the beds quite comfortable, although I guess if I had one criticism, I would say that the pillows could have been a bit larger.

Because I had a change in plans, I tried to extend my stay one night, but unfortunately they were booked, so I had to stay in a different hotel for one night. What a contrast! The second hotel, which was part of a large chain, was a huge noisy scene, almost like Grand Central Terminal at rush hour (and I live in NYC, so I know). It seemed really airless and impersonal, and had an unpleasant pre-fab feel, not to mention that you had to walk forever just to get to the elevators. That night made me appreciate the Regent all the more. I'll definitely be staying here next time I come to Ann Arbor.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the second floor with a view of the fountain.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Laura...wow! What a review! Thanks for giving our future potential guests a sneak peak into an overnight stay at the Regent. We're really sorry we couldn't extend your stay for that other night. Be assured however that we did try our best though! Hope to see you again, Laura; take care.