“Shuttle Drivers, Housekeeping & Bar/Dining Staff GREAT!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel

You added Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Boardwalk, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton - Ann Arbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Shuttle Drivers, Housekeeping & Bar/Dining Staff GREAT!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a clean and comfortable hotel. Front desk staff leave a little to be desired, but everyone and everything else will make you glad you stayed. Breandan Aslin and Jim Williams are fantastic drivers who made our stay exceptional, with their timely pick-ups, great information and helpfulness. Just park the car and let these two show you where to go in Ann Arbor. The housekeeping staff does a wonderful job - the room was immaculate and all the common areas were clean and comfortable. The bar staff was charming and quick to meet all our needs with good food and drink in a nice setting. I would venture to guess that this is the best place to stay within a hundred miles.

Room Tip: 5th and 6th floor were clean, quiet and comfortable
Green Features: So pleased to have recycling container in the room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Tanya A,

Please call on me if I may be of service in any way.

Warm regards,
Steve-

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Amazing stay, very accommodating and great location, making it easy to navigate to downtown Ann Arbor. The associates were super personable and genuinely welcoming. Always extending themselves offering assistance. The grounds and corridors were spotless, our guest room was very modern and well maintained. I loved how the pools connected. I am still craving the salmon sandwich. Yummy! i highly recommend it. We will definitely be back !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LeeNJ525,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and know we will see you again very soon!

Hospitably yours,
Steve & Staff
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I've been a patron of Sheraton wherever I travel all over the world. It's rare that I experience anything but an excellent lodging experience wherever I go. The same applies for the Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel. This is the first time I've stayed at this hotel in Ann Arbor and I've been overwhelmed with the experience. Everything works here - from the large and spacious rooms, to the incredibly large and comfortable beds, to the fast and free wifi, to the amazing food, etc., etc. I could go on and on. I've been to this hotel many times before for work meetings and have been impressed with the overall facilities and food quality. This feeling has carried over to the lodging experience as well. Plus my company receives an incredibly low rate for this 5 star room. It's a no brainer to stay here and will go out of my way to stay here every time I visit Ann Arbor in the future.

Room Tip: Request a room with double queen beds as opposed to a single king sized bed. The rooms are larger a...
Hayes, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

As a business traveler i have a lot of need to work after normal business hours. Unfortunately this is my second week staying here and I have found I can't even log into email much less launch any web based business applications. If you can get up at 4 to 5 am it's slow but doable, but any time in the afternoon or evening- forget about it! Other than that it's a decent option for business travel (nice beds, good food, good service, great area), but I will personally be taking my business to the Courtyard.

Room Tip: Avoid the pool side, higher rooms are generally quieter.
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice. There are not many good hotel options in Ann Arbor, but the Sheraton is one of the better options, considering price, location, and room features. That being said, it's still not a very good option. My main complaint is that this hotel is incredibly noisy. During my second, most recent, stay I was placed in a room by the hotel pool. It was incredibly noisy and there were no enforced pool hours. People were loud in the pool as late as midnight and as early as 7am the next morning, making it very difficult to sleep. The walls are VERY thin and you can hear everything going on in the hallway outside and in your neighbor's room. I'm a heavy sleeper and stay in hotels nearly every week for work and even I thought it was bad!
Positives: they accept pets up to 40 pounds, ample free parking, easy freeway access, updated rooms, good room sizes, decent prices

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor at the end of the hallway to minimize noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

MARRIOTT: GOLD
STARWOOD: GOLD

As with my stay here last year, i was using this as a little one night retreat with my daughter and again it works perfectly, only this time, every issue i had before was an issue no longer. This is the main reason ive reviewed it again.

CHECK-IN/STAFF: Last year i was given an issue regarding a room on the club floors (5 & 6). This year i said nothing prior and was treated better than asking ahead, take from that what you wish i guess. Check-in was a breeze, extremely courteous, and within 2 minutes of entering we were on the elevator up to the 6th floor. Staff was amazingly friendly at every turn this go around so i must say, i think this might be a focus now for this property as it clearly was across the board improvement and came across as very genuine..nice job!

ROOM: This hotel is 6 floors if i remember, upper 1 or 2 are Club Floors. Last year i was on the fourth floor and at the very end with a view of the parking lot. Granted there arent many "exceptional" views heres but for this stay the top floor with a view over looking the pool was perfect for my little youngster, and she was glued to the window for much of the stay. Rooms are same size, not large, but very clean, and fresh feeling, especially the beds, they rival their Heavenly counterparts. Not many channels on the TV which could be improved but it worked, and after an odd issue with many channels having no volume, a quick reboot (per maintenance call) and it did solve the silly issue. It was World cup, and i had no intention of missing anything ;)

HOTEL: Without repeating much from last year, ill say this hotel caters to the business traveler but is so easily enjoyed by families, and the two co-exist very well. I made use of the Club room a few times on this trip, and while it does lack on its offerrings, its still a very nice thing to have, especially late at night. The pool is key for us on these getaways and just like last time it was a comfortable temp and spot on with the chemicals. We swam for hours and the little one thoroughly gets a kick out of this particular indoor/outdoor pool type.

ROOM SERVICE: I wouldnt have recalled the bad food i had last year had i not read my own review. I must give this hotel a major piece of respect in this category this time. Not only was the food delivered quickly and absolutely delicious (i had shrimp scampi and scallops/caeser salad) but what i ordered was a variation of something they had on their menu, and there was no hesitation in creating it for me upon my inquiry to do so. It was fresh, hot plate, cold and crisp salad, perfect. To top it off the staff, who did state she was off but would stay to help me (probably a no no), regardless, she was extremely friendly and the whole situation was such a pleasure that i wrote a paragraph about it!

LOCATION: (Repeated description as i had the same feeling this time) You do need GPS to find this property as its burried in the midst of office buildings, other hotels and the typical Michigan, what the heck is going on road situation. safe location i felt though and for adjacency to 94 and 5 mins from downtown Ann Arbor its perfect. Especially considering for some reason downtown Ann Arbor has no real good hotel option.

OVERALL: Growing to really like this property for my little retreats. Bravo to all the staff this time as EVERYONE i encountered was really happy and it came across to my daughter and i. This is Ann Arbor's best Hotel option hands down.

Room Tip: Floors 5 and 6 with a view toward the city (North) is recommended
Green Features: Recycling bin in room and in hallways, bravo. This is Ann Arbor, a very green city afterall, and clearly they are making an effort here to work with the environment.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The staff are extremely helpful and provided excellent and responsive service. Such wonderful folks to work with for our 4-day conference! We will most definitely be working with them again in the future - they made configuring space, figuring out catering, and logistical details easier and tailored to our needs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel? Share your experiences!