“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel

You added Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Boardwalk, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton - Ann Arbor)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here. I couldn't have had a better experience. Rooms were really clean and fresh looking. Love the warm swimming pool and hot spa! Staff was really professional, helpful and friendly. Love the breakfast and other meals in the restaurant. A must stay if in the area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Kal S,

Thank you so much for your business and sharing your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I am elated to read that we exceeded your expectations and hope to again in the very near future.

If I may be of any assistance in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Steve Smyka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I really enjoyed my duration of stay at this Sheraton which lasted approximately 4 months. The location is very good with an easy trip to downtown Ann Arbor either by car or the convenient hotel shuttle. The rooms are clean and beds at Sheraton are unbeatable. This hotel has by far and away the best fitness facility for a hotel I have ever seen. In addition an indoor-outdoor swimming pool as well. Very friendly helpful staff. There are a couple of gripes from me. I felt that food and drink is overpriced and the Internet bandwidth is way below what it should be for a hotel that caters to business travel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Robert B,

I cannot thank you enough for your lengthy business loyalty and taking the time to share your experiences with us.

Your kind words and profound insights are appreciated greatly by my entire team.
We're about to revamp our Share Small Plate Bistro menu and will definitely look at price points as we do. Our new 50 meg fiber circuit is in place and our Wi-Fi access points will be upgraded very soon to distribute that bandwidth fully to our guests.

Thanks again and please call on me personally any time I may be of service.

Hospitably yours,
Chicago area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The Sheraton is an outstanding choice in Ann Arbor. As a UM parent, I have had opportunity to try several nearby hotels. This one is clean, comfortable, quiet, and well located. Every staff member has always been accommodating and pleasant. Its an outstanding choice. The rates can fluctuate by as much as $200 and up though, so be watchful!

Stayed January 2014
Dear bnl18,

Thank you for your business and feedback from your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and hope to do so again in the very near future.

If I may be of any assistance in the meantime, please let me know.

Go Blue!
marlatravelsfar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Ok, its no Trump towers, but the hotel is actually really nice! Its been renovated, and is quite stylish! The location was fantastic! Room was clean and nice. Highly recommend for the trip to Ann arbor, most of the hotels are not this nice there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear marlatravelsfar,

Thanks so much for your business and kind words regarding your recent stay with us!

I'm delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. If I may be of service in the meantime, please call on me any time.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Spent the weekend at the Sheraton Ann Arbor for the Ohio State Michigan game. The hotel was extremely clean and has been recently renovated. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean including the bathroom.

The front lobby bar was a great place to watch the other games and the shuttle to the stadium was easy to get as it left from the hotel lobby for $1.50 each way. We walked back from the stadium and arrived about the same time as the shuttles.

Overall a great experience, will definitely stay there next time in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear jyw76,

Thank you so much for affording us the opportunity to serve you and taking the time to comment on your experiences.

I'm elated to hear we exceeded your expectations and appreciate the kind words. Hope to see you back soon. If I may be of any assistance in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Hospitably yours,
Steve-
Farmington Hills, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

DISGUSTING!!! Housekeeping/maids didn't bother to clean our bathroom before we checked into our room and only did a half-fast job while we were there. The bathtub had dark stains near the drain. We thought they were permanent stains, since rooms should always be cleaned (especially after a guest checks out). However, the second day we were there, we came back to our room in the evening and noticed that the bathtub had been cleaned and the dark stains were gone. We had been showering in a dirty bathtub when we arrived! And while the tub looked cleaner, it was obvious that they didn't bother to clean anything but the tub that second day, because there was still hair on the bathroom floor and the sink had water stains around it.

And if that wasn't bad enough, there was a disgusting carpet stain that looked like there was dried vomit on the floor that we unfortunately didn't noticed until the second day. The stain remained on the carpet even after Housekeeping came to clean, so it's obvious they didn't bother to run a vacuum through the room before our arrival or during or stay.

The only nice aspects about the hotel was that the lobby and restaurant area was beautiful, the gym had nice equipment, and the indoor-outdoor pool was heated. The food is good, but is very over-priced - $9 for a bowl of cereal!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Sammie412,

Thanks very much for your business and taking the time to comment on your experience from your recent stay with us. Comments like yours afford us the opportunity to continually improve our product and service quality for all our guests.

I am truly sorry we were so off our norm with room cleanliness during your visit. Be assured our cleanliness reputation is one we take very seriously and this mishap will not be repeated in the future.

If I can be of service in the meantime in any way, please call on me personally.

West Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Attended U Mich Parents & Family Weekend. Had to stay at another Hotel the first night (Friday), then moved to Sheraton for the remaining 3 nights.

We stayed at the 1st Floor. Thus, there was basically no view, but convenient access to Parking. Check-in & check-out were efficient. Our only complain was the very soft bed. Don't think we'll stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Lraep,

Thanks for selecting us taking the time to share your experiences from your recent visit.

I'm sorry to hear our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds didn't do it for you as they do the vast majority of our guests. If anything, most find them to be somewhat on the firm side. I'll see if I can track down your specific room to insure there is not a frame issue or broken box.

If I can be of service in any way, please do call on me.

Steve Smyka

Been to Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel? Share your experiences!