“Fantastic Property! Amazing Staff!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel

You added Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Boardwalk, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton - Ann Arbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Michigan
“Fantastic Property! Amazing Staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect during the super busy UMich move-in time, but the Sheraton hotel and staff far exceeded my expectations compared to other properties I've stayed in town. Rooms are updated, spacious & clean; the bed is super comfy; and the fitness facilities & pools (outdoor and indoor) were sparkling. Haven't seen such a happy staff in quite some time-- all are top-notch!! During a very busy time, each person I encountered was smiling, calm, pleasant, and happy. The entire Michigan football team and a hotel full of wedding guests were there during my stay, yet you'd never have noticed. The restaurant's morning breakfast buffet is a delightful standout, and comes with your room if you upgrade to club level. Huge shout outs go to staffers Rebecca, Janna, Chris and Giancarlo for exceptional service! Thank you for making move-in that much more pleasant-- your efforts are truly appreciated! The Sheraton will most definitely be our go-to hotel when returning for visits.

Room Tip: Become a Starwood Preferred Guest Member.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear chewettoo,

Thanks so much for selecting us taking the time to share your kind words regarding your recent experience. I'm elated to hear that the hotel and my team exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

Please let me know if I may be of any assistance and GO BLUE!

Steve-

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The rooms are very clean and the bed is extremely comfortable. We were delighted by an unexpected upgrade to our room and everyone is very helpful and nice. We ate at the restaurant at the hotel and it was amazing!!! There was a huge wedding taking place but you would never have known it. It didn't at all interfere with our stay or dinner. Dinner was quiet and intimate and very reasonable priced for such a gourmet meal. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again. Well worth the money to have such a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sandra D,

Thank you very much for affording us the opportunity to serve you during your recent Ann Arbor visit.

I'm delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon.

Let me know if I may be of service in any way, any time.

Best-
Steve
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was in Ann Arbor for an annual training meeting the last week in July. I had stayed at this Sheraton a few years ago and it was very nice, but it has been totally remodeled since my last visit and they have done a superb job. The staff was unfailingly polite and helpful (no easy task with a couple of hundred conference-attending electricians roaming the lobby), and the rooms were off the chart comfortable. I have stayed in hotels that cost more than twice as much with beds not half as comfortable as these (see Rhonda's review: "crazy stupid comfortable" nails it!) The location is far enough from campus/downtown that you have a little breathing room, but only a three mile ($10) cab ride to Main Street arts and restaurants; if you prefer the public transportation, a public bus stop (all green energy) is only two blocks away. The managers, front desk staff, and housekeeping staff were all friendly and helpful, and the guests even very outgoing and welcoming! For your next visit to Ann Arbor, be sure to give the Sheraton a try!

Room Tip: The rooms with the sofa/recessed bar are great if you're staying more than a couple of days. Yo...
Green Features: Michigan is mad for recycling (thank goodness), recycling-specific wastecans are in each room and throughout the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tyler364,

Thank you very much for your business and kind words regarding this hotel and my team! We sincerely appreciate your kind words and recommendation.

Hopefully we will see you again next year if not sooner. Please call on me if I may be of service in any way.

Hospitably yours,
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I visit Ann Arbor 3-4 times per year and prefer to stay at this Sheraton. Here's why:

The Rooms: Modern decor and a very comfortable beds. Complimentary bottle of water and nice toiletries,

Check-in: Generally painless and very quick.

Shuttle: Free shuttle service around Ann Arbor is available on a first-come, first-served basis. The hours very; check at the front desk.

Taxis: There is a taxi stand right outside with at least 1-2 cabs at all times. One-way fare to downtown is about $10, depending on where you stop.

The Lobby: Very chic. This type of Sheraton has a "social business lounge" with multiple computer desks in funky cubicles in the middle of a lounge. A nice departure from the typical closet-sized business center at other hotels.

The Bar: Stop here for a night cap or before you go out. Service is good, and the prices are fair, but Ann Arbor is home to too many excellent bars and clubs to spend the night at the hotel watering hole.

The Restaurant: Haven't tried it, but it's nice to know that room service is available for much of the day. It looks suitable for business meetings as well.

Room Tip: Get something on the club level; have your Starwood # handy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear ohiocitytim,

Thanks so much for your business loyalty and recommendations to this hotel - very much appreciated.

Hopefully you will have an opportunity to dine with us in Share Small Plate Bistro on your next visit - our food and menu is quite good.

If I may be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Detroit, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We really needed a vacation. Since we were short on cash, we took a Staycation to nearby Ann Arbor instead. We took the train and everything. The room was clean and the bed was crazy, stupid comfortable. Like totally comfortable. Like we never left it to sight see. Oh, how I miss that bed!

It became average because of the rude room service staff. We ordered vegetarian food and they acted like we were speaking a foreign language. That would of been okay but the veggie burger we ordered was prepared with BACON. Yes. As in pig, pork, swine. Uh, really?

That would have been okay but the staff was argumentative. Unacceptable.

This was a great property but I was disappointed by the rude staff member. In fairness, her co-workers made up for it. But her rudeness bugged me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Rhonda W,

Thank you for affording us the opportunity to serve you and for providing this feedback from your recent experience.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the extremely untypical manner in which you were treated and your order incorrectly prepared. We have identified both the server and cook involved and can assure you, the incident has been resolved and will not be repeated.

Glad to hear you found the bedding and the rest of my staff commensurate with your expectations and hope you will visit again to what I trust will be much improved results.

If I may be of service in the meantime in any way, please do call on me.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My kids and I stayed here last year while visiting family in the area. We had a great experience so we were looking forward to staying again. The room was clean and updated and nicely decorated. Bed was comfortable and slept well. My daughter loved having a bath puff to use with the bath gel. So far I haven't seen any other hotels providing that. We were on the 6th floor and enjoyed having a continental breakfast each morning. The girl attending to the breakfast buffet on the 6th floor was friendly and helpful. She informed me of the highway being closed one way so it was nice knowing that ahead of time. Wifi was nice to have and I didn't have any problems with it. Front desk check in was quick, helpful and friendly. The only area needed for improvement was the worn carpet in the elevators, but we noticed on our way out that it was being replaced! So nothing negative to report. Will definitely plan to come back!

Green Features: You have the option of not having your sheets changed or towels replaced and you can get vouchers for $5 a night. Nice to have the options.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear J4M4A9J7,

Thanks so much for your business loyalty and sharing your experiences from your recent visit - I sincerely appreciate both!

I'm delighted to read that we continue to exceed your expectations and look forward to serving you again next trip to Ann Arbor!

If I may be of service in the meantime in any way, please let me know.

Hospitably yours,
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Everything about it was good, from check in to departure. The front desk staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The room was a very good size and well appointed and supplied--although it would be nice if hotel decorators got over their current fad of piling an endless supply of pillows on every bed most of which have to be removed before one can sleep in it! The restaurant staff was very pleasant and the food was good. The bar is small and open but, again, nice. The outdoor pool is on the small side but is connected to the indoor pool so one can swim back and forth (can't imagine what happens in the winter). The exercise room is well appointed. In short, this is a very good hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear MollieVirginia,

Thank you very much for your business and taking time to comment on the experience - we appreciate both a great deal!

Glad to hear we exceeded your expectations and hope to serve you again soon.

If I may be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Steve Smyka

Been to Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel? Share your experiences!