“The best in Ann arbor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Boardwalk, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton - Ann Arbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 30 hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hong Kong
“The best in Ann arbor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

This is our first time in Ann Arbor to visit UMichigan. We booked this hotel because it's new. In fact it is very new and comfortable. The room is big, the linen is new, there is also the iPod docking etc. Everything you need in a modern hotel. There is also coin operated laundry for the convenience. We travel with our 17 hrs old son and we still feel a lot of space inside the room with the sofa bed opened. We stayed at te club floor which is also convenient to have a drink or snack. The only downside is the aircon which can be quite noisy sometime. It doesn't bother me as I went straight into sleep after a whole day's of traveling. Also try not to get a room facing the outdoor pool because it may also be noisy. We went out of electricity last night because of the recent heat, but I suppose this doesn't happen often. Not sure about our next trip to Ann Arbor, but I will highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Summer_Traveller_hk,

Thanks very much for your business and feedback on your recent experience - I appreciate both a great deal.

I trust your time in Ann Arbor and the University of Michigan was rewarding and hope to see you back soon without any power outages!

If I may be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Warm regards,

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The original Suite Hotel we were booked in lost power so we had to switch for our first night to the Sheraton. They accommodated us right away even though we didn't have a reservation. One snafu happened, but they fixed it right away. Very clean, very comfortable room. There were 4 of us, so it was a bit cramped. If they had larger rooms or suites I would have stayed the rest of the time here. Would have been nice if breakfast came with the room, but they are so nice I forgive them ;-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear steph26139,

Thanks for your business and feedback regarding your recent stay. Glad you enjoyed the hotel and hope to serve you again in the near future. If I may be of service in the meantime, please call on me.

Warm regards,
West Sussex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My second stay in 7 months and to be honest, though my room was meant to be an "Executive" I found it to be tired and dated. Dinner was just OK, but breakfast certainly made up for this with friendly and attentive staff member who really tried.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Skippy50,

Thanks very much for your business and taking time to share your feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast and very surprised by your rooms perception considering the recent and complete renovation.

I certainly hope to see you here again in the near future and perhaps have the opportunity to meet and discuss. In the meantime, please call on me if I can be of service in any way.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This Sheraton Ann Arbor is the nicest hotel in the area. The ones surrounding it are quite a ways down the list with the exception of Courtyard next door. It is however the only full service hotel and I have to recommeded it. I am typically a Marriott guy but this Starwood property is the best place to stay in the area.

Parking is plentiful and it is near enough to all parts of the University of Michigan campus. If there is an event or graduation make sure to book early as the other hotels pale in comparison.

The rooms are nicely accomodated and the wireless internet is satisfactory. Not as fast as home but better than many hotels out there. The staff was friendly generally helpful.

One issue I had in my many times staying there was the reservation system had a glitch that showed a price and the hotel refused to honor that price. The staff said it was the fault of website not the local hotel. Well, sorry, but if you associate yourself with Starwood and don't honor the rate I got off their website, it is your problem. None of the rates were honored and they raised it from what I had been paying in the weeks before by $10.

As long as you get the rate they quote you, it is a very nice hotel. If not, be prepared to pay up to whatever rate they say you need to pay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Steven G,

Thanks very much for your business, kind words and glowing recommendation of this hotel and staff!

I will research the rate issues you mentioned - whatever rate is confirmed is what we honor.

If I can be of any assistance in any way, please call on me personally.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Hotel was very clean, rooms were recently renovated. Bed was extremely comfortable and also bedding was very plush. We received free wine tasting which was a bonus. When we arrived they didn't have our rooms next to each other like promised so they moved our rooms. Also the shuttle wasn't available like promised, so they had Laura at the desk drive us into town (she was a blast!!). So they had great customer service as far as I'm concerned. Would recommend to anyone!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear SandalsBound,

Thanks so much for your business and taking time to share your comments with us - both are appreciated immensely.

My apologies for the room assignment and shuttle mis-ques but glad to hear we accommodated your requests. We're glad you had an enjoyable experience and really appreciate your recommendation.

Hoping to serve you again in the near future. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please let me know.

Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We try to stay at Sheraton's when we can, and this one did not let us down. Nice beds, good location, and nice decor. Plenty of parking which was a good thing due to the spread out nature of the property. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant, and were pretty surprised that there weren't more people eating there. I had the Shrimp Scampi and my husband had the Seafood pasta. Both were excellent and well prepared.

Check in was quick and the ladies at the desk both pleasant and efficient. Quite a few guests at the hotel, but it didn't feel crowded. I will definetly come back and stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear av8tr,

Thank you very much for your business and sharing your experiences. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Share, our small plate bistro and our service & accommodations.

We all hope to see you back soon and appreciate the opportunity to serve you. If I may be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

All Sheraton's have a quality control built in so we as travelers don't get a big disappointing surprise but it's pretty neat when the rooms are newly renovated, all crisp and fresh like this one in Ann Arbor. My friend and I had plenty of room in our double queen room and we made our own Starbacks coffee in the room each morning. For sure I will book this hotel each time I find myself in this part of Michigan....yes and no need to bring your own pillow.... They are marvelous!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear wixie,

Thank you for your business and sharing your experience with us - glad you enjoyed the services and facilities. I am extremely proud of both.

Hope you do have the need to return to Ann Arbor and look forward to serving you again when you do. If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me.

Steve-

Been to Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel? Share your experiences!