“Stayed for a wedding, could have stayed longer” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel

You added Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Boardwalk, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton - Ann Arbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Stayed for a wedding, could have stayed longer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

The is a very modern hotel. New PCs were in the lobby and flat screens were all around as you waited to check in. Rooms were clean except our sheets hadn't been changed. The front desk apologized, fixed the problem immediately and gave us 500 points toward our next stay. Pool was just the righty size and had a heated outside pool connected to the indoor one. Breakfast was only okay considering the buffet was limited and cost $15. Overall a very good experience and I would come back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear Renny29:

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to provide us feedback on your experience.
I'm delighted to hear that you would return and hope you do. My apologies for the bed linen and buffet price value - I will certainly follow-up with my team on both.

If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Steve-

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
los angeles, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I should probably be writing too separate reviews, but I'll combine them into one.

Before my arrival, I connected with the hotel manager, Steve Smyka, since I had some special requirements and there were two different reservations for different nights, that I wanted to make sure were combined. Having had too much experience with hotels messing things up, I wanted to be sure this went smoothly.

The best way to describe this hotel's handling of these prereservations arrangements was "superb". They got me the bedboards I needed for my bad back, combined the reservations so I didn't need to change rooms and were very welcoming when I arrived. I know that is what you might expect from a hotel, but this is something I all too rarely see, and I do travel a lot. Everything was fully ready for me when I arrived. So, they get an "A" in my book for handling the prearrival arrangements.

When I arrived, they immediately made we welcome, conveyed a message to me left by a friend and throughout the stay were very accommodating and helpful.

While the hotel is not a Ritz Carlton, so its not a luxury resort. it is a very nice Sheraton/Starwood. The room was well equipped and spacious. I was staying on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor (I'm a member of their club) and had access to the Club Floor, which was very nice and helpful and a comfortable room. They have a pool, jacuzzi, workout room and restaurant and bar.

I was back there for a college reunion and a bunch of us were staying there. It was very comfortable for all of us. My son is applying for admission to Michigan and, if he is admitted, I know that this will be our regular hotel, where we will stay when we bring him to school and when we visit for parents weekend, so they made a long term loyal customer out of me.

You should know that this hotel is located near the expressway (not noisy, don't worry, it was very quiet and peaceful), so its not downtown Ann Arbor. However, that is only about 3 miles away, an easy drive. There is a shopping mall near the hotel with all the stores you could want and lots of restaurants around the hotel. But its not a simple walk to campus or the football stadium. However, there really aren't too many hotels in the downtown area, so unless you absolutely have to stay near campus or downtown, this place is perfectly located and has easy access. Plus, free parking and no resort fee for using gym, pool, jacuzzi, etc.

One of the things I particularly liked was the fact that Steve Smyka, the manager, reviews the Tripadvisor's reviews and is responsive to any issues raised in reviews and appears to be concerned about any issues faced by guests. He certainly went out of his way to make sure I felt welcomed by the hotel, which I appreciated.

Room Tip: Try to get on top two floors, which are Starwood Preferred Guest or Club floors. Access to the club...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Dear wilshireguy:

Thank you so much for your business, kind words and great endorsement for the Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel - I appreciate all beyond words!

I am elated to here that you enjoyed the visit and the reunion went well. We're all pulling for your son to also become a UM student - GO BLUE!!!

Please let me know if I can do anything for you or him upon his acceptance. Looking forward to serving you again soon.

Edgartown, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were supposed to stay on the club floor-when we arrived we were given key to the floor but the room was being cleaned-we returned downstairs-long story short, the extras one usually gets on this floor were not available due to a flood up there-so they offered us a room on the 2nd floor-(near an elevator which I could hear squeaking throughout the night). The management was responsive about the club floor and refunded some of my money and gave us complimentary breakfasts-I felt that the management cared about rectifying problems-we also liked the pools and hot tub a lot!

Room Tip: Try not to be near elevator
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear TravelinGal45:

Thanks for your business and affording us the opportunity to serve you - I appreciate it very much.

My apologies for the sprinkler head mishap that deterred from the typical Club Level & Lounge experience for you. We did provide the services in Share Restaurant & Lounge though I realize it's not quite the same.

I hope your future travels bring you back to Ann Arbor and look forward to serving you with all cylinders firing. Until then, please call on me if I may be assistance in any way.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011 via mobile

This was a great hotel in a great location in a great city! We are traveling with 3 children and the hotel was perfect! The decor is fresh, modern, clean and still warm and inviting. The gym was very nice. The beds were super comfy. The pack and play was sent up right away and the room service food.was very good and not super over priced! There is an indoor and outdoor pool that could use some updating but besides that the whole hotel looked remodeled! Also there is a mall right down the street, a whole foods market and a microwave, refridgerator in room AND laundry room at the end of the hall that I wish I would have noticed before we were checking out.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear ChristieP79:

Thank you for your business and kind words for the Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel - we're all very proud of our property and sincerely appreciate your recommendation.

I am so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your experience with us and the area. We hope to see you all back soon and look forwarding to serving you then.

If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Stratford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed at the Sheraton Ann Arbor hotel for the September/Oct 1 weekend while attending the Michigan/Minnesota football game.. The staff were helpful and very courteous. The restaurant, pool and fitness area were excellent, and the best part was that we stayed free on points. I would highly reccomend this hotel for anyone planning a trip to Ann Arbor. Well done to ALL the Sheraton Staff

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear tgropp:

Thanks so much for your business and taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with us. We're all delighted to here that you enjoyed the service and facilities and really appreciate you consuming your hard earned Starwood Preferred Guest points with us!

We hope to see you back for another visit soon and look forward to serving you again. If I may be of service in them meantime, please call on me.

Athens Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Stayed there for a week in the end of August, as my son is a freshman at UMich.

Biggest complaint is that the windows do not open, so there always a smell of staleness in the whole building. There is no fan in the bathroom, so when you take a bath, the steam soon escapes to the room and the windows get misty! The alternative is to turn on the a/c in the room, but then it gets really cold, if you set a bit warmer, it starts smelling mould. I know that the place gets really cold in the winter, but that’s no excuse for the fixed windows.
Also, there is normally a long queue at the front desk, hotel is understaffed.

Not really a Sheraton!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Adamtsal:

Thanks very much for your business and providing us with this detailed feedback on your recent experiences.

I'll see if we can determine where you stayed and check the operation of the bathroom draw fan on the roof. Our new room heating & cooling units do have a fan only setting which does circulate outside air continuously if desired. Likewise, I'll also dig into the front desk staffing and make sure we're prepared for the volume anticipated.

If I can be of any assistance to you in any way, please call on me. I look forward to serving you again in the near future to much improved reviews.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for business. Recent renovations make this an upscale comfortable hotel. Conference rooms still need some work. Great room rate too!

• Stayed September 2011
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear disneydoc:

Thanks for your business and kind words regarding your stay with us.
I am happy to announce that our conference and event facilities will undergo their transformation in January bringing them up to the level of the rest of our hotel.

Hope your travels bring you back to our area to experience the results in a few months. Until then, if I can be of any assistance to you, please let me know.

Steve-

Been to Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel? Share your experiences!