You added Holiday Inn Ann Arbor / University of Michigan to your Saves list
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Chicago, Illinois
“Noisy pool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had reservations at this hotel, and had asked for a quiet room. They assigned us to a room overlooking the pool. It is indoor outdoor. There were about 10 pre teen girls in there. At 4:00, we tried to take a nap before an evening affair.....we could not even stand being in the room with windows and drapes shut. They did let us cancel our reservation and move to the Hampton. If you do stay there, try to get a room away from the pool. The noise is totally unacceptable, and the pool is open until 11 p.m.!!!!!
We were also surprised that the room cost (which was quite high) did not include breakfast. This seems to be standard at most hotels of this level. We did move to the Hampton which was $20 less for a comparable (if not better) room and free breakfast. We were meeting many family members at this hotel for the week end and had been looking forward to casual meetings over breakfast. Clearly, it does not state that breakfast is included.....we just assumed it would be.
I think you can do better than this Holiday Inn in the Ann Arbor area.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the pool as possible!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Berkley, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Was able to get a great rate.Staff was helpbful.Breakfast is great. There was no Iron in the room but other than that roomwas great. Location is good will lots of good food within walking distance.Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Balcony if you like that sort of things.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I came to Ann Arbor for a surgery at the East Ann Arbor Surgical Center. The Holiday Inn is right down the road, so the convenience factor was great. But the facility was amazing and super family friendly. Do you need your hair done? They have an in-house salon. They also have an adjacent sports bar (pretty good food), a pool that is both indoor and outdoor, plus a workout room. Great location, great amenities and very affordable.

Room Tip: Fifth floor (top) is the quietest.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Valencia, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed there for two weeks and enjoyed the facility, the rooms are great and the service is really good. I would recommend this place to anyone and I would come back again any time soon! Great rooms and service!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I wanted a place close to the highway and I was pleased with this Holiday Inn. Very clean, well appointed rooms and a friendly staff. I stayed with a friend and shared the two queen beds, plenty of nice pillows. The only thing I would ding them on is they never mentioned if they served breakfast or if there was coffee available.
We did not use any of the facilities but the common areas were clean.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 152 great, no elevators, quiet!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Lake Orion, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

I stayed here 4 weeks ago as recommended by a colleague because it had a nice pool that was heated, I am a loyal Hilton member and normally would stay at the nearby Hampton Inn but their pool was so cold my kids didn't like it so we decided to try this hotel. The first time we stayed, the pool was like bath water, very warm while it was cold outside, and even the outdoor pool was warm, I was very impressed. I then stayed here again yesterday and the pool was very cold and the hot tub didn't work. I purposely picked this hotel because my kids love to swim in the pool but this second experience was a disappointment and reminds me of why I am a loyal Hilton member as normally at the Hilton it is a very consistent experience. The rooms here are also somewhat dated. If I knew the pool and hot tub were warm like my first experience, I would consider trying it again. This bad experience with the pool was very disappointing to my kids and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I did bring this to the manager's attention and he jumped right on it, but we were already done with the pool at that time.

The location is decent but I overall give this place an average, it is a good price for what it is, not sure I will go back.

Room Tip: Rooms are somewhat dates, I would not get one near the pool as people can be loud if they are in the...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ann Arbor / University of Michigan, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear jeff197025,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the pool. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

This has become our go-to hotel when visiting our son at University of Michigan. After trying several others in Ann Arbor, we've found that what stands out about the Holiday Inn Ann Arbor/University of Michigan is its cleanliness -- and quiet.

This is an older, concrete-construction building, and we never hear much from adjoining rooms and the hallways. The beds are made up in clean, white linens, the carpet appears newer and clean. The bathrooms are always clean -- and the showers run at high pressure.

The price is just right for this type of mid-level hotel. The restaurant is so-so, but with all the choices in Ann Arbor, we simply skip it. For guests with kids at the university, particularly those located on north campus, this is an ideal location.

A tip to the wise: If you're in town visiting the University of Michigan Health System (the hospital), you might want to inquire about the hotel's hospital rate.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Ann Arbor / University of Michigan? Share your experiences!