“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel during the night of one of the area's Thunderstorms. We lost power and therefore had to choose from several area hotels. It was close to our home and to our children's schools, thus, it was a no brainer for us to stay there. The staff was courteous, the room very clean, and the continental breakfast was a favorite of my children and my expectant wife as well as myself. Also, the mattress in the sofa sleeper was clean as well as the sheets and was a favorite of my son.
J.B. D

Room Tip: Great for a mini vacation within the city, especially because of the indoor pool
Ocilla, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My daughter and I had made reservations here for 4 nights. When we arrived the outside doors where you use a key to open, were all broken. The clerk made an excuse that the maintenance man was repairing the battery...NOT true. Our non-smoking room stunk horribly. The carpet was torn, paint was peeling off wall and ceiling, and there was a huge hole around the light in the bathroom. I was concerned about a camera possibly being in there. I told the clerk I was not going to stay there as we did not feel safe and the room was disgusting. We canceled our stay there and left at 10:30 at night! I have never had to cancel a reservation before. I also met another person staying there who had changed rooms due to stench and his screen door had been busted out. He said he didn't plan to stay here but one night.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
Bexbach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hotel is located 4 miles from downtown next to the highway
Shopping is nearby .
It s easy to reach the city by public transport , cheap 1.5 USD and often .
The Hotel is older and it feels old .
the rooms are ok , the bathroom too .
The mattresses need to be replaced .
The hotel offers free parking , wifi and free continental breakfast - which is basic.
The staff could be friendlier , the room service could be better .
For a good roomrate it s ok , but there are better motels nearby .

Room Tip: ask for a room with a odd number - these are quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Crystal Lake
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our son received his MBA from U Michigan and the only place we could find to stay was this property. Nice people but the facility was a dump! Pillow and debris in the courtyard our entire stay, doors that didn't lock, a towel that remained on the hallway floor from check in to check out. Nobody bothered to pick up. Room was clean and staff was responsive. But my goodness, $250 for a night? I know places take advantage and jack their prices during special dates, but this was unreasonable, to put it mildly. I expect to pay that for a room in Chicago, not on the outskirts of Ypsilanti, Michigan. We were exceedingly gouged. Website now lists $67.00 per night. This is outrageous and I will let corporate know of this.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Comfortinn2376, General Manager at Days Inn - Ann Arbor, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
i am the General Manager of the Days inn of Ann Arbor, first of all i would like to say congratulations on your sons graduation, secondly i would like to add that our hotel is NOT located on the outskirts of Ypsilanti, we are actually located a in Ann Arbor and are 3.5 miles from both the University of Michigan as well University of Eastern Michigan. All hotels in this area experience rate fluctuations during major events such as the U of M commencement, U of M football, Ann Arbor art fair ect. there is nothing predatory about this, there is not 1 hotel in the Ann Arbor/ ypsilanti area that does not charge an increased rate on event days, it is how the hotel market works.

Been to Days Inn - Ann Arbor? Share your experiences!