“Didn't stay, but got great help from the stuff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor (University South)

You added Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor (University South) to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor (University South)
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3505 South State Street, I-94 at South State Street, Exit #177, Ann Arbor, MI 48108   |
Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
New York City, New York
“Didn't stay, but got great help from the stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Last month I came to visit Ann Arbor. I booked a room in the Red Roof north through Priceline. When I arrived, I found out that they by mistake, booked me a room in the Red Roof university South. I tried to call Priceline to change, but got a reply that there is no way to do so, so reluctantly, I went to the South University branch.
When I got there, I told my story to the receptionist. Not only did she say that the hotel will be happy to cancel the booking, she actively called Priceline, told them that they can cancel the booking (she can not do it as it is ordered through them), yelled at the representative for giving me the wrong information, and booked me a room in the north branch herself.
So I can't say anything about the hotel, but if the service to the costumers is as good as the one that people who want to cancel their booking get, then this is a great place to stay in. They could easily tell me there is nothing to do, but went the extra mile to help.
Thank you again, Nicole, for all your help, and I promise next time I'll come stay in your hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MAGGIE S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor (University South), responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent experiences with our Front Desk Staff. I’m thrilled Nicole was able to help you with your lodging needs and was able to provide you such exceptional and caring service during your short visit to our hotel. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as it is exciting and rewarding for us all to know. We aim to continue providing a one-of-a-kind customer service atmosphere for all customers in contact with our staff.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with our staff and fellow guests. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Maggie S. - General Manager
Red Roof Inn - U of M, South - Ann Arbor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Staying here three nights a week for a contract job nearby. Great location, recently updated rooms. The staff is incredibly friendly and truly values your business. I was able to negotiate a stellar rate for my three night stays and they made the process so easy and enjoyable. Love love love this place!

Room Tip: If you are travelling by yourself, try to get a king room. They are on the second floor but it is wo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MAGGIE S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor (University South), responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We're happy to hear that all of our accommodations successfully met your lodging needs. I have shared your comments with our entire team, as they are encouraging and appreciated. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you and hope to continue providing you the best possible service during your future travels.

West Chester, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here during a University of Michigan visit -- room was clean and updated, service was great, convenient location to reach the campus, Wifi worked well, breakfast was free and fine. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I'm so pleased to hear how well our location near the University of Michigan worked during your recent stay. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our many amenities, such as the complimentary breakfast and wifi. Feedback from our guests is always welcome and shared with our entire staff, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Tillsonburg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here during the winter classic. The room was expensive for the size of it but I understood the markup that was going on for the event.
The rooms were nice, and the staff was great. We are good with staying at any Red Roof Inn and are hoping to return for a Wolverines game in September.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay for the Winter Classic. What a game! We always enjoy all the spirit and excitement of our guests during the many events hosted in Ann Arbor.

I'm pleased our staff was able to provide you the best service possible during your trip away from home. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as providing service that truly makes our guests say, "wow" is an expectation for us. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in September for a Wolverines game.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My friends and I stayed at this Inn during the Winter Classic. We were completely satisfied with the place - clean sheets and enough space for the 4 of us. The staff is friendly and very accommodating, plus free breakfast and WiFi were nice perks. The walkways and stairs were cleared of snow and salted before we made it out of our rooms. The bathrooms could use an upgrade but for the price we paid and location, we weren't expecting anything fancy, and this Red Roof met it's value. We walked to Michigan Stadium in about 40 minutes, even in the snow. There are also quite a few restaurants and Briarwood Mall in close proximity.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I'm so happy to hear what great, individualized service our staff was able to provide you during a very busy weekend. Our hotel offers many amenities, such as a continental breakfast and complimentary WiFi. I'm glad you were able to take complete advantage and enjoyed these additional amenities. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are always upgrading and improving various aspects of our hotel and appreciate your feedback regarding the restrooms. We hope you'll visit us again to see the various changes we are continuously making to better suit all aspects of your lodging needs.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels to Ann Arbor.

Very truly yours,
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

After the winter classic hockey game that took place in Ann Arbor new year's day, our group was unable to secure a taxi for our short 20 minute ride back to our Belleville Red Roof. After walking for 1+ hours we finally made it to the University South Red Roof and as we had no phone to dial a cab, we decided to ask for help from the staff at the front desk. We were helped by Jason and Londan, who were very polite, courteous, and understanding of our situation. They were very patient as I made exasperated phone calls to cab company after cab company, and Jason even went as far as to look up limousine companies as an alternative way to get "home". After many phone calls we were finally successful and were able to be on our way. Just wanted to say thank you again to the exceptional staff working on this night you made the difference in our trip. These two deserve a raise.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Although you didn't stay at our Red Roof Inn, we appreciate your positive comments. I am so pleased to hear Londan and Jason were able to help you with your travel needs during your trip to Ann Arbor. We continuously aim to provide the best possible service and are glad you were able to take advantage of this.

All of your comments will be passed onto our staff, as they are much appreciated and always welcomed.

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I recently stayed at this location as I do every time the Buckeyes play UM. The check-in process was extremely fast and the staff was courteous. It is a very busy weekend for all the employees. the room was clean. I needed extra towels and went directly to the front desk where the manager promptly had extras in the closet and apologized.. We had a two extra people in the room that with a single queen. Although there were towels in the room it was no problem getting towels. the Breakfast buffet in morning was clean and organized. Check-out was just as fast.

Room Tip: Corner ones near back are best. We did not use the pool or fitness center. Plenty of room for corn h...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor (University South)? Share your experiences!