“I expected more, but the stay was okay.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kensington Court

You added Kensington Court to your Saves list
Kensington Court
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Hilton Boulevard, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Ann Arbor)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Michigan
“I expected more, but the stay was okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

The hotel is looking a bit tired- with maintenance needing to spend a bit more time on the little details- peeling wallpaper in two spots over the headboard and some bad paint & moldy trim between tub and door. Some of the public areas looked worn out as well- poor ceiling tiles, etc. Walls are thin. That being said, the bed was comfy and the location good for shopping or U of M adventures.The staff at the Kensington was very attentive, good directions and information about the area. It self advertises as a "luxury hotel" and I can't say that our experience lived up to that.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

Despite the fancy name, don't get your hopes up that this place will be better than Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn or any of the other numerous hotels nearby that you can choose from. Its adequate, but tired. THE EXECUTIVE level rooms with their higher price are a JOKE. NO extra ameneties AT ALL. None. Not even the continental breakfast they advertised. Not even a newspaper at your door. And don't believe that the beds are upgraded because ours was old and saggy.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Kensington Court Hotel in Ann Arbor, MI February 27th for our 4 year wedding anniversary and the stay was wonderful. The staff at the hotel and Graham Restaurant was very helpful and pleasant. The amenities the hotel offer was superb. The swimming pool, hot tub, and sauna were intimate and relaxing. My husband and I have committed to coming there every year for our anniversary. The Romance Package was affordable and offered more than enough. We were so excited and please once we left the hotel. Compliments to the chef and waitresses at Graham Restaurant the experience was memorable. We hope to see everyone next year.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
PhillPHP, Revenue Manager at Kensington Court, responded to this review, March 20, 2010
We are so happy to hear that our guests are enjoying our Romance Package! We are offering our Romance Package at an even deeper discount for our repeat Romance Package guests on select dates. Just give our Reservation's Department a call for more information. (800) 344-7829
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

My husband and I spent several months and thousands of dollars planning our wedding reception. We had our reception in the larger reception room and everything went smoothly until the very end of the night. One of the 2 bars we were told we would be open until a designated time during the reception closed early and must have said something to our guests about getting too many drinks.

When we were planning the reception we had a timeline all worked out and were told that we could have our reception run later than 12:30 if we wanted. Well the night of they turned on the lights and told us it was time to clean up. I inquired about our wedding cake top layer and the person in charge told me that they would keep it for me for the night and to ask for it at the front counter in the morning (I'll get back to that later).

My in-laws are great with larger groups of people and had planned on hosting an "after party" in their room and some other rooms down the hall of our blocked off rooms. Before my new husband and I had a chance to change our clothes our after party had gotten kicked out of the rooms because they booked non wedding people down the same hallway. I feel that is poor managing since wedding guests will most likely not be returning to their rooms until after midnight and we had several people staying in the hotel. So with or without the after party several doors would be opening and closing. The hotel personal did offer us the lobby if we wanted to continue to hang out. That was a plus for us.

All and all I they did a good job with our reception. Pros: professional, timely with returning calls, moderately priced, friendly staff with exception of the bar personal that closed down one of our bars, food was great, our honey moon suite was beautiful, cost of food included a lot of extras some places charge for (cake cutting, hall rental, bartenders). Cons: would have liked the wedding reception to go longer, booking non-wedding rooms in the same block as wedding guests' room, we did not have hot water in the showers in our honey moon suite but only in the large bath, and lastly the morning after we tried to claim our top layer of our cake to be told that it wasn't there. I let my husband deal with this since we had several of our of town guests leaving at the same moment and I was trying to keep from crying. Once the wedding planner was reached we were informed that our entire cake was cut. In our contract it was in bold print that our top layer was to be saved and that our baker was leaving a box for it in the kitchen. I know that there was more than enough cake (per my order cake order) and this was also evidenced by the plates of cake left over at the end of the night.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

Comfortable, close to work, a great mall and the university.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The "continental breakfast" was a few boxes of cereal and some bagels. We did the Bed and Breakfast package as a backup figuring we would get the breakfast buffet if the continental breakfast was a bust. So we went down to the restaurant only to learn there wasn't a buffet that day because the hotel wasn't busy enough. The food we ordered was cold when it arrived. I've never sent food back but we had to for this one. The new one was warm and pretty good. The waitress was very nice.

All of the doors in the Executive Hall closed really loud. Every time someone came or left it banged and woke us up. The TV was horribly slow to change channels and didn't have a guide channel to tell us what was where. The internet connection was slow and got worse as the evening went. I thought it was because they were busy (since I couldn't find any parking) but the lack of a morning buffet put an end to that thought.

All in all, not going to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Kensington Court is in a nice location for out-of-towners going to the Ann Arbor Art Fairs, as you're acrss the street from one of the shuttle bus locations. Staff was friendly, but the rooms are noticeably smaler than average, and the bathrooms have virtually no counter space. For an executive room you do get a microwave and refrigerator minimally stocked with 2 waters, 2 sparkling waters, and 3 cans of pop. The free continental breakfast is pathetic, even under the best of conditions. Options are coffee cake, yogurt, three types of Kellogg's cereals, and three types of breads for toasting. It doesn't help that on one of the mornings they failed to provide bowls for the cereal and a toaster for making toast! The evening reception featured one hot appetizer of dubious origin, a cheese tray, and wine - I've had much better at other hotels (Hyatt in particular). The NY Times was to have ben delivered to our "special" room, but that happened only on one of the two days that we were there - so I picked up a copy in the lobby, accessible to all guests. Wife liked the turn-down service. Neutrogena products were provided as toiletries - nice to see a quality brand name being provided. They do have a nice indoor pool with a whirlpool and spa. Based on TripAdvisor reviews, we avoided the hotel restaurant and ate in downtown Ann Arbor instead. It's not a bad place, but we would have been better off with just a regular room.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Kensington Court? Share your experiences!