“Perfect Location for University of Michigan Graduation!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kensington Court

You added Kensington Court to your Saves list
Kensington Court
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Hilton Boulevard, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Ann Arbor)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
New York City, New York
“Perfect Location for University of Michigan Graduation!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This hotel is one of the best locations when attending a graduation at the University of Michigan. A speedy check-in, friendly staff and on the morning of the graduation, they even provided a "grab bag" breakfast ($6.00 extra charge) to take to the stadium. The highway to return to Detroit Airport is literally two minutes from the hotel. Again, Great Staff!

Room Tip: Spring the extra $ for the club level -- well worth it. Breakfast is a bit of a buffet and table ser...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed for two nights at the Kensington Court Hotel. The check-in staff are helpful and efficient. As I had a car, the hotel was quite convenient. Easy access from the freeway, across the street from a huge shopping center, and only 10' drive from the University and downtown. The location is excellent for someone with a car.

The room was comfortable. Good shower although more strength in the water flow would have been good. Bed was comfortable. Pillows were great. TV was fine and the choice of channels good. Free internet and free parking :)

My one complaint was about breakfast. I stayed in the Executive area, which has a lounge room including breakfast. The first day the lounge did not have bowls or spoons so I ate my porridge in a dish with a fork. Coffee cups ran out. No-one is around to help and no number to call. The next day the person in charge walked in and I and others asked for bowls and spoons. She tried to find some and came back 10' later without success. The fruit was OK, the bagels not so good, the coffee acceptable but the absence of bowls, cutlery and service unacceptable. Otherwise the hotel was great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Weather outside was three degrees and heater was blowing cold air. The hotel I notified them and never fixed since at 10:30 room was at sixty. Of course got the run around manager will be notified, can we bring you blankets. I asked for a space heater and good none available yet when I checked out the hotel front desk had one for themselves but did not consider the guest. My thoughts two star hotel...and fixing the front entrance which has been going on for months does nothing for customer service.

Stayed February 2014
Hastings, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at the Kensington Court hotel in Ann Arbor, Mi this past weekend for my little sisters wedding. When we went to go eat breakfast in the morning at the restaurant(because we had a block of rooms my sister was told anyone staying got breakfast) we ordered and ate our food and then was told by our server only two free meals with each room. Well we had four people in our room and wasn't ever told we would only get two free meals til after we ordered and ate. How sneaky of them. My sister told our server she was told everyone got breakfast not two per room so the server went to go check and came back and said. Normally its only two but we will fix that for you sorry for the confusion. Which to me means its taken care of. To make a long story short. They ended up charging us for the breakfast that was supposed to be taken care of and when we brought it to their attention they said they couldn't fix it I had to wait til 1 when the manager got in. I asked the clerk to have her call me as soon as she was in at 1. 2oclock rolled around and she hadn't called so I called the hotel to talk to her and she told me she didn't have the authority as the front desk manager to refund my card, and that I would have to wait til 4 to talk to the sales manager. While we were still at the hotel before leaving they told me they refunded my sisters card the 20.00 when the 20 had been split between the two of us. I asked her why did she refund only one and she said because someone had to pay for breakfast...but we had both already paid for why refund if someone had to pay. So I wait til 4:30 and no call still so I call and ask for the other manager and she tells me before even hearing what happened tells me she isn't going to help me and there is nothing she can do for me. So I ask her if she even knows what happened and she tells me she doesn't. So I tell her and she tells me she needs to talk to the employees and she will call me back (which I don't trust because at this point no one has called me back.) I ask to be transfer to the highest person in charge in the hotel so I can speak with them because no one seems to have the authority to help me. So she transfers me to his voicemail and I leave him a message asking him to call me back Monday morning when he gets in so we can talk. Monday morning rolls around and he doesn't call me back so I call on my lunch and leave a message and he still doesn't call me back. So 4:30 rolls around and Im thinking he is probably going to leave at 5 so I call again and leave another message asking him to call me back before he leaves today so sure enough 4:45 he calls me and after explaining how horrible service I got he tells me he isn't going to do anything for me. That I ate the food so I am paying for it. That its my problem and not his. I have never had a place that I have paid money been so rude, disrespectful and unhelpful in my life. I also failed to mention that on my lunch break I checked my bank account and they ran my card for another 20.00 on top of the 10 they already charged me without my permission. So I asked him why I got charged another 20.00 and he said I don't know!! Now I know why his employees are so horrible at taking care of their customers because they have him as a leader. So be careful and watch your bank accounts because they did not have our permission to run our card another time after we left for that 20.00 again but they did anyway. And now I am paying 30.00 for a 20.00 breakfast that I shouldn't have paid for in the first place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I attended the Holiday Party on Dec. 3rd. Everthing, from the welcome greeting at the nametag station to the "Thanks for coming" as I left, was outstanding. The holiday decor was elegant but not 'stuffy' and the food stations were all top-notch. The chorus, singing holiday music, added to the festivities. My company has hosted several events here. The entire staff is friendly and accomodating. We work with Amie Mongeau in the Catering Dept. She is tremendously helpful, thorough and a pleasure to work with! Amie always helps us select food and decor that impress our guests. Note: The hotel has recently undergone extensive renovations so everything is fresh and beautiful. I highly recommend the Kensington Court for your next event!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Adrian, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We recently stayed at Kensington, there is currently construction going on, which was not the problem, the problem was (and not sure if it's only on floor 1) but the beds in the room were horrible, not comfortable or big by any means, I would say maybe a twin size? Also, to turn the fan on at night, (to hear some noise to sleep) was only kicking out HOT air, no matter what temp it was on. So not worth the money!

Room Tip: try to get a room not on the 1st floor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I attended the Holiday Party hosted by the Hotel in the Grand Ballroom on December 3rd. What a wonderful event, with the most beautiful decorations, the greatest food, and such a pleasant and helpful staff. You really couldn't ask for a better holiday celebration!!!

The food tasting stations had everything that my wife and I really appreciate. The pan seared scallops were prepared fresh, with a special sauce, and were delicious! I didn't want to move from the seafood station, there were so many tempting offerings. The lobster bisque was superb and the homemade eggnog ice cream on the hot apple dumplings were to die for! Everything that I tried was excellent!

The hotel management and staff should be complimented for planning and executing such a successful event! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone planning a special party or event.

I look forward to my continued visits to Graham's (the hotel's restaurant), as the offerings and service are top notch as well!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Kensington Court? Share your experiences!