“Fantastic Family Owned Pizzeria” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State and North University
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Fantastic Family Owned Pizzeria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Love the Truffle Pizza and La Bomba from Catia. Excellent place to take the family. Silvio will also make up special things for you upon request.

Visited May 2013

73% Recommend
Detroit, Michigan
“Fresh Gluten Free Pizza / Slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just had dinner here last night with my son before the MI basketball game. The Gluten Free pizza was the best i have had. Its made fresh. Not frozen. It was outstanding. I had a meat lovers and my son had cheese and Pepperoni. The only bad part about the place was the service. Our server was slow, we had to ask to get our drinks refilled. She saw they were empty and she just walked away. May have been a off night for her. The food is great. The pizza was pricey, but worth it. Next time I will to get take out.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ann Arbor
“I go there for a few of items I like”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I do not like pizza as such, but their all cheese pizza is something I occasionally grab for a quick lunch.
However, the main reason I go to Sylvio is their bombas, and they are dependably good. I prefer their doughnuts, and they occasionally have them, but then keep them in the fridge (!!???) which makes them wet and tough. So, bombas are the only acceptable alternative.
Another of my favorites there is the cheese roll, which is even better when heated (thankfully they do not keep that in the fridge!)

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Germantown, Maryland
“Great food, especially those gluten-free or vegan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were visiting Ann Arbor for a wedding in late July & were able to find Silvio's through some food app I had on my phone. So glad we did!!! As a family that has two gluten-free members and one vegan member, their menu met all of our needs. The gluten-free pizza was delish (according to my 9-year old) and my wife & I enjoyed one of their soups and this incredible quinoa salad - easily the best-tasting quinoa dish I've ever had. If we ever get back to Ann Arbor, this will be the first place we go. Great for those who eat alternative diets.

The restaurant is located on N. University (or "North U" as one local told me) just off State Street. It's not directly viewable from the street, but set back in this little alcove entrance.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Akron, Ohio
“Silvio's Organic Pizza & It's Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife really wanted to check out the Ann Arbor Arts Festival. I really wanted to take a much needed break with her. So we made hotel reservations and hit the road! The Ann Arbor Art Festival is one of the oldest and biggest in the country (over 1000 artist). We walked around for several hours just checking out different artists.
We ran into some friends from Akron that have been attending every year for years! We chatted and they gave us some food recommendations (as we were getting very hungry by then). Silvio's Organic Pizza was at the top of their list. Our friends gave us walking directions and said to be sure and order extra asparagus on our pizza.
We ended up ordering O' Sole Mio. We got our with extra asparagus of course. We went with the whole wheat crust. It was so good we went there on the way out of town Sunday for lunch... and to our delight they have a Sunday lunch special. Any large pizza is 1/2 off!! We ordered another 16" O' Sole Mio with extra asparagus. Two thumbs up!

• Visited July 2012