“Not Even One Star” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Ann Arbor

You added Wyndham Garden Ann Arbor to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Ann Arbor
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48103 (Formerly Clarion Hotel and Conference Center W)   |
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Not Even One Star”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This excuse for a hotel is located on the west side of Ann Arbor, I would say the only way to describe it is that, "looks can be deceiving". The layout of the hotel is gorgeous but it is truly an unkempt place. when I got there the ceiling was leaking right next to the front desk, the wet floor sign was to the side. While I was sitting in the lobby I noticed there were several different large insects crawling around near the sofas, not only that when I used the bathroom next to the pool there was a cockroach crawling on the wall. Inside my room I was a bit more relaxed it was quite clean, but there were STILL more insects. I didn't really complain but the next day I witnessed something that would truly never bring me back to such a place, I overheard some staff talking about previous incidents of BED BUGS and MICE.

Room Tip: Business tower
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Waterloo, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stay here all the time for Michigan Wolverines football games and the rates are the best the staff are great and the rooms are more than enough. The pool is large and there is a small continental breakfast in the morning. I highly recommend this hotel have been staying here for over 4 years now and intend to keep coming back. The hotel is only a 8 minute cab ride to either the stadium or downtown. Any questions feel free to ask me.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Although an older hotel, it is clean and rooms are spacious. Our room had a queen size bed, a three cushion sofa, dresser, flat screen television, microwave, refrigerator, safe large enough for a laptop, a desk, adequate lighting. Ivan, the breakfast buffet attendant has an excellent choice of pastries, breads, waffles and excellent scrambled eggs. I did experience difficulty with a housekeeper who wanted to clean the room.
I requested she come back in 30 minutes, and that we would be gone for the entire day. Unfortunately. She did not understand English and I relented and let her clean the room. Overall, a good experience. It has changed national brand names over the years, but we continue to enjoy our stays,.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

I just wanted to thank the Clairion staff of Ann Arbor on what a great job they did. The power was out when we first arrived,not their fault. After a couple hours power was back and the staff out did themselves to make everyone happy. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Ann Arbor after my wonderful experince at the Clairion. I have booked my room for next year already and can not wait to return. Thank you Clairion.

• Stayed April 2012
Mio, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I had to write to thank you and your staff for a wonderful weekend. I have to admit that I was a bit worried when I arrived and found there was no power (no fault of the hotel). However, I must say that your staff was more than helpful; they went above and beyond what was expected of them, and made what could have been a bad situation, good. I won't hesitate to stay at the Clarion again, and I will definitely tell my friends and family where the best place in Ann Arbor to stay! Thanks again!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Ann Arbor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

This is probably one fo the shabbiest hotels in the area. It is obviously old and ill maintained.
I got a Groupon offer for this hotel for a romance package. The chocolates and champagne were the cheapest, you could possibly buy...we left ours unopened. The desk attendant was rude and seemed annoyed that we were a Groupon. We were never told how to redemm our drink or breakfast offer and actually, I wouldn't want to eat or drink there. Our first room was damp and the carpeting was actually "sqeechy" because the jacuzzi facuets were leaking all over the carpet and into the room below. They moved us into another room where the bathroom door would only open 1/3 of the way and didn't fully close. The pressure in the jacuzzi was so low, it took 37 minutes to fill. Overall, the hotel seemed dirty with a HEAVY smell of chlorine throughout.
Don't waste your time or money. There are alot of hotels in Ann Arbor for the SAME price that are hospitable and clean.

Room Tip: Don't go here!! There is a lovely Hampton Inn 5 miles east in the Hotel complex.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I bought a romantic getaway package off Groupon for this hotel. It included a King suite with jacuzzi, rose petals, a box of chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of champagne, & two free drinks at the bar. My biggest complaint is that the jets in my jacuzzi didn't work, and management only offered me 10% off my next visit within the next 90 days. I told them to never mind because I won't be back within 90 days... Then when I got home and looked at my online bank account... they charged me 3 different times.. first $10.00, then $109.99 then $99.00.. I have no idea what's going on with these charges... My only charge from the actual hotel should be $11.00 for taxes... so I'm kind of annoyed with that. But the room was nice and clean, breakfast was good, and overall it was a great stay. I just hope those charges get erased asap, because If I hadn't gotten paid last night It would have over drew my account and I would be raising a bigger fuss.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Garden Ann Arbor? Share your experiences!