“Not good for business” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sava's State Street Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 517 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State & Liberty / Huron
Transit: Lines 609 and 18 stop less than a block the the North on Huron, and Lines 4 and 3 stop on Liberty. Also, the Blake Transit Center located at 4th and William have regular incoming and outgoing buses from the greater Ann Arbor area. More information is available at www.theride.org.
Byron, Michigan
“Not good for business”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Sava's is in a great location for area business lunches,with an enjoyable atmosphere. The food is very good also. It seems everytime we go there whether we have a reservation or not we have to wait to be seated. The servers are very freindly but they are lacking in performance every time we have had items not delivered that were ordered or wrong orders brought out, on top of the service being really slow. During the week when your doing a business lunch and your client has to rush out with their food in their hands, just isn't good business.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A Great Place to Start the Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Every couple weeks on Sundays, we meet our daughter and granddaughter for breakfast. Normally the place is jammed and would suggest reservations. They serve breakfast menu items until 3pm and have a brunch. The selections are great, our daughter and my wife have nutella with bananas in crepes, our granddaughter (13 year old) normally orders waffles with chocolate chips or strawberry crepes with fresh orange juice and bacon while I change from omelets to Mexico dishes to crepes with grand marnier. We have not tried the brunch because we like the variation on the menu. Very popular and not too expensive. Remember it is Sava's not the vegetarian Seva's.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“Great menu selection and extensive bar selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

First time visiting the restaurant and was impressed by the menu selection, something for all palates. Fun atmosphere, great location and hours. Would rerun!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Provo, Utah
“Delicious, unique flavors, and innovative.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This place is delicious. There were so many things I wanted to try. My sister and I got 1 appetizer, 1 side, and 2 entrees. The best thing we had there was there mac and cheese. It was sooooooo delicious!!!!!!! Seriously it was so good. Unfortunately I do not live there so I can't go get it when I want and I've been craving it! We tried some others things: fried risotto balls- really good, mushroom pasta- good, not great, fish tacos- didn't try them but my sister liked them. Go here it is good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michigan
“One letter makes a difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Funny how you find places some times. I was actually thinking of making a reservation at Seva Restaurant in Ann Arbor. Wasn't paying that close of attention on Open Table and clicked on Sava's. Noticed the map point was not where I thought it should be.
Wonderful surprise! This place is so close to the Michigan Theater (where we were seeing a show). When I read the reviews it seemed like a place we should try. I will be back and recommend it to others.
Nice wine selection. Comfortable seating and atmosphere. Our service was wonderful (patient with our chatting and not being ready to order). Food came out quickly.
I had the Fish & Chips as it was noted in many reviews. Very nice. Moist fish, crisp batter, and the fries that come along are scrumptous. Portion size not too large so didn't over eat or feel like I was wasting food.
We also tried the squah ravioli. Also very nicely done. Sauce was outstanding and didn't overpower the ravioli.
We ate early (4:30) before a show and it wasn't very crowded when we arrived. It was definately packed when we left (6:30).
Too good not to share with others. If your at the theaters make it a stop.