“Wish I could visit this place more...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Prickly Pear Southwest Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 526 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: William
Transit: There is a bus stop at Fourth and William Streets.
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Wish I could visit this place more...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have eaten at here multiple times. Everytime the food has been just outstanding. Fresh, delicious and incomparable. Had the best buffalo meat I can remember and also the best butternut squash soup. This place rocks!

• Visited December 2012

Decatur, Illinois
“Tasty and different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I enjoyed my dinner at the Prickly Pear. I split the pork and plantain enchilada with my husband. It came with rice and beans. It was really good. My husband ordered the mushroom bisque. I tried a little and boy was it good. Best mushroom soup ever in my opinion. I had the slaw which is a nice fresh alternative to traditional salad before dinner. The portions were on the large side but not overly so. A lot of the couples around us were splitting the fajitas. My margarita was very tasty. It is a small restaurant so call ahead. It is loud and not romantic but it was fun. the service was just fine. I was told if there is a college football game in the area, forget about it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Excellent, fresh, creative food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We always eat at this restaurant when in Ann Arbor and it never fails to satisfy. The atmosphere is great. There is indoor and outdoor seating. It's a great place for chips and margaritas, or for a family dinner. When we brought kids, the waiters were helpful and accommodating. The menu is varied and creative yet also has basic tacos and enchiladas as well. The stuffed peppers were wonderful. The salsas and sauces are fresh. The desserts are delicious.

• Visited September 2013
“Awesome Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Prickly Pear is one of our favorite restaurants in Ann Arbor. The food is alwashrimp and ys awesome and somewhat unique. The shrimp and scallop quesadilla is outstanding! My only complaint is the inside is very small and tight.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, good margaritas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

A few friends and I ate here, and really enjoyed it! We had fajitas... They were very tasty. We had a mix of chicken, steak and shrimp! The pitchers of margaritas just topped off the dinner! Great food, great drinks, and great times with friends! We will go back soon!

• Visited August 2013