“great place for a good value” 4 of 5 stars

734-663-3379
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cottage Inn Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 529 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Ann Arbor, MI
“great place for a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Last Saturday evening (Nov. 2, 2012) friends and I ate at Cottage Inn. It's was very busy but we were seated right away. They seem to cater to large groups as on the second floor where we were there were several groups of over 10 people. We were able to talk ok, though. The food is basic fare, not gourmet, but very very good. I had the chicken marsala and loved it. It came with spaghetini that was very fresh lightly added with vegetables. The sauce was excellent and the chicken tender with just enough broiled crust. The tiramisu we had for dessert was quite good: you could taste the liquor and the thin layer of chocolate was fantastic. Service was energetic and timely. We got all 3 dinners at the same time. My friends liked their dishes: lasagna, french onion soup and the apple/gorgonzola salad (plenty for an entree).

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“The best "typical" Michigan pizza around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Cottage Inn is our go-to pizza for pizza night. We spent some time trying to find the "authentic NYC" style slice, but maybe Sinatra was right and it WAS the water.... Cottage Inn is its own style - not super thin, not deep-dish, but always tasty.

Visited October 2012
Ann Arbor
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Icon of the Ann Arbor Pizza scene - Full menu - Italian - if you do not want Italian - go somewhere else - but if you crave great sauce - visit Cottage Inn - great food - also try the satellite locations for all you can eat Pizza and salad lunches at a fantastic price

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Caledon, Canada
“New cook makes all the difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had been going to Cottage Inn Pizza for years but stopped back in November 2011 becasue for the price the quality was poor. I found them greasy and the toppings were very light even when ordering double - as an example I always order double pepperoni and I was getting about one and a half pieces on each slice.

I returned on Friday becasue there was a bad accident blocking the way to the other pizza place I have been patronizing.

Well, they must have a new cook because the pizza was excellent. The guy behind the cash register was very helpful and my pizza was made right the first time. I got easily four times the amount of pepperoni they used to serve - and it was not greasy at all.

I have reviewed a bunch of pizza places on TA and this place is the best in the Auburn Hills area. They won me back as a customer.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Can't be beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My favorite pizza in Ann Arbor. Service is excellent, pizza is great, and the salads are yummy, too.

Visited September 2012