“Yummy” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zingerman's Roadhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 519 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Road
Elyria
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband, a friend and I stopped her on a day trip to Ikea and we really enjoyed ourselves. We ended up waiting almost 2 hours for a seat but the food made the wait well worth it. I had chicken and the other 2 had pulled pork and it was all very delicious. The sides were very good as well. We enjoyed our dinner here. It was a colder evening but they had the patio enclosed and heated and we really enjoyed sitting out there. I also liked that when you pulled in you could see the smokers and stuff and knew you were about to get genuine BBQ if that's what you chose to order. There were a lot of things on the menu that i would like to make the 2 hour trip back up there to try!

• Visited March 2013

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“EXCELLENT ENTREE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have thought at times that Zingerman's was overpriced but I must add, I had dinner over the Memorial Day Wkend and chose the Fried Chicken. I must say, it was the best.... proportion wise .... immense (and I ordered the 2 piece rather than the 4.) My grandson ate half of my mashed potatoes w/gravey (delicious,) and the thigh part of my chicken. I had the largest breast that I have even seen and it was moist and delightful. Our waitress happened to be excellent also. Even the owner Ari, was wheeling in and out the tables filling water glasses and chatting with the guests. Needless to say, it was a wonderful evening.....the price was worth every penny. May I add, Ciao (CHOW) for now.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A gamble”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We have been a total of three times to the Roadhouse now. The place is usually heavily packed, so you should make a reservation unless you don't mind to wait.
About the food: What bothers me the most is that the quality of the dishes is highly inconsistent. We had excellent stuff (Mac&Cheese with Monterey Jack), food that was borderline inedible because it was too salty, and food that was ok but frankly makes you wonder whether it is worth paying $20 for it. Eating at the roadhouse is a gamble.
And as with so many of the restaurants that have received praise by the online community(justified or not), some of the staff has developed an attitude that I find very irritating.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kalamazoo
“Not all that impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We went here because of the Zingerman name and because I thought we might be able to get some corned beef. (We tried going to the deli downtown but street repairs made parking impossible.) I ended up having the peppered ham reuben. It was OK...nothing stellar...just OK. The guy with me had a pulled pork sandwich which he said was OK too but nothing to write home about. We both thought the french fries good. The server was pleasant and attentive.

I was VERY disappointed in the pricing for the food we got. $14.50 for a pretty skimpy reuben that wasn't even really a reuben? $13.50 for a scoop of pulled pork on a bun? The food was OK but not good enough or big enough portions to bring me back at those prices. The place is overpriced by double in my opinion.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Monroe, Wisconsin
“Back again...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

This has become one of the place we must go whenever we are back in Ann Arbor. Arie and his team will leave you feeling like you have been the most important guest in the house. Besides all that cheese from Monroe,WI you can't go wrong.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere