“A very nice place to eat.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zingerman's Roadhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 517 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Road
St. Louis, MO
“A very nice place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We were on our way to St Louis after visiting The Big House (U of M) and we stopped at Zingean's Roadhouse. The food was very good. I will definitely stop there again the next time I'm in Ann Arbor.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Coldwater, Michigan
“Healthy Comfort Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We are never disappointed at Zingerman's Roadhouse. From their fresh breads, to their organic (locally obtained) eggs and meats, to the fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, great sweet potato fries and sautéed spinach, we always get a flavorful meal that is good for us. Menus vary from day to day but from breakfast to dinner you will find something you want. I am a fish lover and they have great choices, artfully prepared. My husband loves the pulled chicken dinner. Breakfast/brunch is a treat too. You can order the cheese of your choice that comes with bagel crisps and baked grapes. I don't care for oysters, but they have a menu for those also. You don't have to dress up but you will find the food perfectly dressed and very good for you!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TX
“Great local find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I love eating at local places when I travel, instead of the big-box chains. This one rocks! Extensive menu, good staff - I have a list of goodies I want to revisit!! The applewood bacon pimiento cheese macaroni is out of this world! Rich, creamy, scandalous - it's one of those have-to-try-it once-and-then-get-back-on-the-diet dishes!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“With reservations...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am a fan of Zingerman's other enterprises, both the Deli and the Bakehouse have consistently good service and product. The Roadhouse has always been a bit more difficult--breakfasts are good and good value, lunch and dinner less so and service has always been up and down. I value quality local food, high quality ingredients and am willing to pay for them. But I just didn't feel that my dinner (a full slab of ribs) justified the cost. As for the service, it was slow, not particularly attentive and my ribs arrived cold. I told my server and they were removed, replaced within 10 minutes with a fresh rack. After that, my server was more attentive, but still not the "extra mile" service I would have gotten at the Deli. And while the ribs were fine, they were just that--fine, not great or even really good, which I would have hoped paying 29.95 for Niman Ranch free range pork.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good food but outrageously over-priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My first meal there was lunch for one. I had a blue cheese hamburger, salad and ice tea. $26 is a gouge. I would only go back if someone else is paying.