“Nice Bar/Grill” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Nice Bar/Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I stop by here every couple of weeks or so. Nice selection on their menu. Service is usually attentive. Food quality is excellent. Pricing is reasonable. Restaurant is clean. Always has a large selection of soups. Salads are generous size. And... love their beer battered onion rings which are fresh made, not the frozen kind!

Visited August 2012

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Eh, Should have gone elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We pass by this restaurant frequently, thought we'd try it on my wife's birthday. Turned out to be all-you-can-eat Fish Fry day on Thursday. It started with an awful off-putting musky odor eminating from all the menus. They must have wiped it with some smelly rags. For a restaurant with five tables full, the service was dreadfully slow. We ordered fish dishes thinking on fish night the fish would be good. It was fresh enough, but the flavor was strange. Maybe the chef's taste buds were off that night. The pesto was overwheming on the Fish Escanaba, with a huge amount of lemon juice in it. The cajun-flavored tilapia was okay, not much cajun but just spicy. I took my wife to another restaurant the next day to make up for this poor choice.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dexter, Michigan
“Not my first choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband likes the food so I get take-out for him, but this certainly is not my first choice. Food is just ok. I spent $27 which included full slab of ribs, but only comes with one cornbread muffin. Full slab and they can't afford to put two in there? Check your take-out orders, because sometimes don't get what you order, or think you are ordering. My satisfaction for this place has declined over the years.

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“Clueless”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Went here for dinner with my husband and and it pretty much went downhill from the time we ordered our meal.
Our waitress(who was as cold and unfriendly as a cucumber) was also completely clueless about menu items. We ordered and our meal was to come with choice of potato and or soup/salad. She thought it only came with choice of potato, soup, or salad.
I ordered a a Chicken BLT special that was to come with lettuce, tomato and a side of ranch on a brioche bun. What I got was a dried up bun with a dry chicken breast with cold melted cheese, no tomato, no lettuce, and no ranch.
I mentioned to the waitress that I thought a BLT came with lettuce and tomato, and she said"oh do you want me to get you tomato?" She came back with a pale insipid single slice of tomato.
By this time I was no longer intrested in eating and was vowing never to set foot in this restaurant again.
I needed a cup of coffee to calm my frazzled nerves and what I got was a dirty coffee mug, a dirty saucer and a dirty spoon(the kind that has crusted dried food on it). I sent it back and asked for a clean cup, all the waitress did was laugh when I showed her the dirty cup, saucer, spoon.
I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Poor Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Looked online at the menu and placed a to-go order with a large group. The order took 20 minutes to acquire even though the food was ready, because the togo person was busy. After looking at the receipt, we later realized that my meal was $10 more than it was online. When I called and spoke to the owner, I was told that they are aware of their menu being posted online, but that they have no association with these listings, and are not responsible for any misrepresentation. While that may be true, I felt like my concerns were disregarded, and there was no apology extended whatsoever, just a very defensive stance. Interesting also that the restaurant undoubtedly profits from these online menus, but eschews any responsibility for the confusion that is caused by incorrect pricing. Very disappointing to be treated that way.

• Visited May 2012