“Much better than I expected” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Port Huron, Michigan
“Much better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Some of these reviews were pretty harsh so I was afraid to try this place. I dined with three others and each of us got a different entree. Everyone liked every course they were served. One or two of our items did not seem to be quite hot enough, but basically good. We tried the sauerbraten, sausages, spicy hamburger patty (It has a special name which I have forgotten), and kasespaetzel. We had soup and salad appetizers and German chocolate cake dessert. Everything was very good and seemed much more authentic than the other reviewers gave it credit for. Also, the interior of this place is very quaint and cute. I hope they make a go of it!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Detroit, Michigan
“Don't go if you appreciate good or even fair German food! Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was certainly a disappointment, looking forward to a good German meal. I can't believe they have stayed in business so long. The worst German food I have experience. I ordered Sauerbraten dinner with red cabbage and hot German potato salad and my husband ordered the Wiener Schnitzel with red cabbage and spaetzle. Nothing tasted good or had a hint of German flavor. We were very hungary and tried our best to eat the poorly prepared food but left chalking it as a bad choice. The food was not very hot, the service was okay, the restroom was clean.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Linden, Michigan
“no authenticity in the food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Having been born in Austria and lived in Germany several years I was looking forward to a delicious authentic German dinner earlier this evening. I ordered a combo plate with Wiener Schnitzel and Weisswurst with a side of German Potato Salad and Spatzle... the Spatzle was the only thing that remotely resembled German cuisine... the Weisswurst was very dark reddish coarse and dry.... definitely could not have been made with pork and veal and been that color or texture... the Wiener Schnitzel was not pounded thin was flavorless dry and was not breaded as it should have been.. the German Potato Salad was swimming in oil.. was brownish colored and had green onions in it instead of thin sliced sweet onions ... didn't taste
at all like it should have.. it was a very disappointing experience

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dexter, Michigan
“Cheap immitation of German Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Ordered Yeager Schnitzel which has a mushroom top.Small piece of fried meat and the topping tasted like Campbell's Mushroom soup, hardly warmed up. TERRIBLE! My wife's sampler plate of brats was OK.

New Hudson, MI
“Was good......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Food was almost as good as we had in Germany. Price was reasonable and restaurant was average.

Visited February 2012