“Good German Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good German Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Good size portions, friendly staff, fast service. I cook German food from scratch, and found the Sauerbraten to be fairly mild flavored--personal preference, but I like Sauerbraten to be marindated much longer than the dish I ordered, but still good. Side dishes excellent--don't miss the German potato salad!!!

Visited April 2012

Niles, Michigan
“authentic, pretty good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Growing up as a second generation German-American, I am in love with the great cooking of my Oma (grandma). Metzgers is pretty spot on with her cooking she learned back in Germany. The schnitzel and sausages are great, but the spatzle was not very good in comparison to what we make back at home. My family all shared the haus platter which was enough for three people if not four. Although the food was good, the prices were a bit steep.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Linn, Oregon
“Get your German on at Metzgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I ate here with my cousins who love this p[lace. We were not disappointed. The sauerbraten was delicious, as well my wiener schnitzel. Make a point of having the cheese spaetzle as an appetizer. The beer selection is fantastic (but only order the "stein" if you are in the mood for a lot of drink!). I look forward to coming here on my next visit to Michigan!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, MI
“comfort food near home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We go to metzgers at least once a month. The food is always exceptional and the service a pleasure. Best spatzle i've had outside germany/austria.

Visited August 2012
Cornwall On Hudson, New York
“Even for Takeout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Whenever we are in Ann Arbor we like to have a dinner at Metzger's. I miss that it's no longer down town, but I must say the parking is 1000% easier at this new location on Zeeb Road. On this trip my spouse was not feeling up to par so I went to the restaurant and ordered for take out. Our hotel room had a microwave and small refrigerator, so keeping everything nice and warm or cold was no problem. We had weiner schnitzel with spaetle, red cabbage and two other sides (tossed salad and applesause). Excellent even in our hotel room!

Visited August 2012