“Excellent steak!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 517 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cross street: Liberty and William
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Excellent steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I are quasi connaisseurs of steaks, and we both strongly agree that the Chop House in Ann Arbor is truly an exceptional restaurant. Though on the pricey side, the food at the Chop House is delicious and the service excellent! There is a large variety of wines to choose from, and an extensive and excellent menu. I would recommend anyday!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bangkok, Thailand
“I expect more given the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I always enjoy coming to this restaurant. It's a classy, upscale establishment that's always busy. The service is good and they always seem to accommodate me every time I show up without a reservation. However, when it comes to the food, it tends to be on the bland side. And when you pay $75 for a steak, it doesn't quite measure up to the quality and taste of a Morton's, Capital Grille, or Ruth's Chris.

I tried the crab cakes with a side salad and the veal chop with grilled asparagus. Again, it was ok but was a bit on the bland side. I expect more when paying this amount.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Request Sheldon....best birthday dinner ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to The Chop House to celebrate his birthday. Not only was the food great but the service was equally wonderful. After dinner we also had the opportunity to enjoy the cigar lounge located below the restaurant where we ended the night sipping on cognac and desserts.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great steaks and scallops”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We have now been here 4 times and the Steak Wellington is a favorite and is done superbly! Scallops are great and the filet. Sides like creamed corn, au gratin potatoes and mashed are good. Baked sweet potatoe is wonderful! Nice menu diversity.
Sadly they could not get the garlic mashed potatoes right! Brought mashed but without garlic. After served no one returned to ask if food was to our liking. After we flagged down another favorite waitress she had the manager come out who gave us a confusing excuse and basically said they did not have garlic mashed and it would be removed from bill.
Wine list is disappointing and leveraged to higher priced wines over $100.00 I did not see many wine bottles on tables which suggests prices may be high. Most had drinks or water or cokes.
One table only ordered the steaks.

Morgan has always been a great server and helped out tonight.

Skip desserts and get ice cream down the street.

Calamari is good. Shrimp cocktail is so so. Shrimp from farm and soft probably.

Entres are priced well as are sides. I always come back for Wellington which is hard to find.

Overall best for steak in Ann Arbor

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“So.....Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My Husband and I went here for the first time last week for my Birthday. They have a great Birthday special which takes 50% off our food total with a party of 2 or 33% off for a party of 3, etc… it saves you a lot of money!!!
The employees are friendly and extremely attentive, but the food outshined everything! I wasn’t a fan of the calamari because it was boring and wasn’t served with any type of dipping sauce, but the lamb chop lollipops were incredible!!!! I highly suggest trying them! My husband had the porterhouse and I had the scallops and both were delicious and cooked to perfection. The scallops were hands down the best I’ve had at any restaurant in Ann Arbor so far. Be careful that your eyes aren’t bigger than your stomach when ordering sides or you’ll end up with a lot more than you can eat.
The food is expensive even with the Birthday discount but if you have the means, I would definitely check this restaurant out! I will definitely be back!