“Average, average, average” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Michigan
“Average, average, average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I don't know what the fuss is about.

The prices are better than Zingerman's but the sandwiches are not. The quality is not as good and they simply don't taste as good.

We visited on a Friday evening at 6pm and the place was deserted. Service was good and there are lots of sandwiches to choose from. Definitely disappointed. I expected more.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

michigan
“My favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I don't live in Ann arbor anymore, but when I did I used to always go this place. This place makes the best sandwiches, and even better, they support our great team. Go big blue!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Yum Yum.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We came in on a Saturday and about had the place to ourselves. Both my husband and myself had the georgia ruben. Turkey, coleslaw, dressing, and cheese. I could not put this sandwich down, and I was sad when it was gone.
The wall was neat seeing all the signatures that people have left. We will be back the next time we are in Ann Arbor.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“great sandwhiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

we were recently in Ann Arbor for graduation. We did the usual Zingermans thing, great as always, However, we found this place, Maize and Blue, to be closer, easier, less time consuming and well worth it. The sandwhiches were excellent. Each was large, grilled if you want, stuffed, fresh etc. All good. Even the pickles were delicious. Try it out. You won't regret it.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NYC
“Go Maize and Blue!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I am from NYC and have never had corned beef. I know, I know. I always order pastrami. So it was a bit risky to order the "Reuben from Long Island" when I visited Maize and Blue for the 1st time. It was really good. the corned beef was super, super thin and the bread was hearty and crunchy. Everything was pressed together and my husband and I were able to share it since we had dinner reservations in a few hours. Next time, I'll make sure I have more time in between so I won't have to share!

• Visited October 2011