“Good vegetarian food with a lot of variety” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, American, Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Good vegetarian food with a lot of variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We've eaten here several times at the old location and the new- personally I think the new location's ambience is not as charming, but it is WAY easier to park your car. So not bad actually. Food- is great, as a vegetarian it is great to see an entire menu you can choose from. Many of the dishes are tasty and they have a rotating menu of specials, so many are actually unique. With such a large variety of cuisines (Thai, Chinese, Indian, American, Italian, etc.) some of the dishes are bound to miss the mark. But most of the dishes keep me coming back, and the desserts are pretty tasty too!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“New location - Westgate - don't miss the sweet potato fries!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I had not been to Seva for some time as the parking in downtown Ann Arbor always seems challenging, so I was pleased to learn that Seva had moved to the Westgate Center. A friend and I went for lunch which turned out to be a pleasant, though not outstanding, experience. Firstly, the new space: It certainly doesn't have the hippy charm of the old restaurant. It is large and corporate-looking. Although the old stained glass windows have been incorporated into one wall, the overall impression of the restaurant is plain and rather sterile. Before the visit, a friend had recommended "Rennie’s Peanut-Kale Salad", described on the menu as "Hearty kale, carrots, butternut squash & red peppers, in a peanut-cider marinade", so this was the dish I ordered for lunch. I asked our server to please bring the salad with the salad dressing on the side as I do not care for heavy amounts of dressing. When the salad arrived, the heavy peanut dressing was mixed in with the salad and he reported that "this is the way it is made, the dressing is already mixed in". Well, that is fine, but I do think he should have returned to the table to let me know how the salad is served before just bringing it out to the table. If I had known about the dressing, I would have changed my order. My friend had a grilled vegetable sandwich from the weekly specials menu and pronounced it delicious. She had side of sweet potato fries (and asked for them to be "extra crispy"). Indeed, they were extra crispy, and were the most delicious sweet potato fries I have EVER eaten, bar none!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“A bit disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Whenever we drive from Toronto to Chicago, we stop in at Seva (probably first came 8 years ago). This time was different...

Not a fan of the new location. It definitely doesn't have the same atmosphere. I know it isn't far from where used to be, but now it's gone from eclectic hip atmosphere to stripmall suburbia...boo

Food was good, but nothing was spectacular.

We may well return...my wife being vegetarian, this was an Oasis in the nightmare that is meat centric chains along our route.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“vegan not necessarily healthy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've been to this restaurant a few times (only once at the new location) and found that some dishes work, and others miss. Most recently I did like the mole enchiladas. On the other hand a menu special korma dish was too strong on the cilantro (and I love cilantro, but still too much). It was also a bit dry.

A lot of the menu items turn out to be fried - tempura, sweet potato fries. I would go back for more - all said I would recommend!

Visited June 2014
Grand Rapids, MI
“Purely Vegetarian and excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

It's not always easy to find a place where you can just sit down and order right from the menu without asking questions about if a dish contains meat or not. Here is one place where you can eat anything off the menu as a vegetarian.

We eat here often with our daughter who is being raised as a vegetarian and she loves it as well. Nachos are our favorite for an appetizer. Then, the decision becomes much more challenging! We love the sandwiches like the TLT or the Portabella burger. Our daughter loves the vegan mac and cheese.

I love the fresh lemonade with ginger. Great way to end a delicious meal at Seva.

• Visited May 2014