“I Love Crepes!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
“I Love Crepes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was very excited to finally try What Crepe?. We were pleasantly surprised by the many menu options, including an extensive cocktail menu. We were there for brunch and the sangria was excellent. I enjoyed my sweet crepe and my husband enjoyed his savory crepe. The service was on the slow side. Slow service is tough for us due to having 22-month old twins who get impatient. Most other restaurants would have brought their fruit cups out early and we were unable to flag down a server to ask. We requested an additional fruit cup when our food was finally delivered and it didn't arrive until after we had finished our meals. Aside from that, we really enjoyed the atmosphere, including some oldies music and a fresh, cool breeze blowing in through the front door. I will definitely give it another change.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ann Arbor
“Very different - nothing better in ann arbor - period”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is not to be missed - gourmet breakfast at its finest - hidden gem - this place is outstanding - great menu - top notch service - dog friendly (outdoors of course). there are several local options BUT don't miss What Crepe!

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Good crepes, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Second visit, second time we've had bad service. The crepes are good- nice savory and sweet crepes. At our table we had a Nutella and banana crepe, a mixed fruit, a ham and cheese, and a salmon and asparagus. All very good. And my friend swears they serve the best Bloody Mary in Ann Arbor (get the Premium Bloody mary).

But we were friends catching up over Sunday brunch and were constantly interrupted to see if we wanted anything or to take our plates when there was still food on them. Several times we had to say, "No, wait, I'm eating that" as our plates were being taken. And if the server checks us, sees we are talking and not looking up to ask for something, she should not interrupt. But interrupt they did, many times! It felt like we were in a diner and the staff's goal was to get us out as quickly as possible. It's not like every table was full or there was a line at the door. But we couldn't stand it any more so left after less than an hour. Not sure we'll be back.

And it's funny. They have paper covering the table so on our last visit we left a lengthy review of our visit, including the fact that the service was so poor. I guess they didn't bother to read it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Meh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

These are not crêpes. The flour was incredibly bland, cooked for the wrong length of time, and incorrectly wrapped each of the three times I came here. Fortunately two of those times my friend paid for me (because he owed me and wanted to go). This place exists solely to monetize on college students who want to seem hip, and it's working.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Monroe, Michigan, USA
“great taste of France...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Excellent crepes, with fantastic variety of savory and sweet crepes. Also had very tasty kale soup. Service couldn't be better.

• Visited April 2014