“Visiting University of Michigan” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast Deal!
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Visiting University of Michigan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My youngest daughter and I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ann Arbor. We went to visit the University of Michigan. The university is only a little more than 3 miles from the hotel. This hotel is extremely clean and the room was a good size. The staff is friendly. The hotel offers different options for breakfast in the morning, so you can choose to have a big breakfast or a smaller one. Each was reasonably priced. Also, there is a mall right across the street that you can walk to.

Given the opportunity, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Christina B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello SWG2012,

Thank you for all of the great feedback. As you mentioned we are just under 3 miles to the University of Michigan - making it very convenient for people that are visiting the University. I know that you must of had a lot of options when looking at hotels to stay in that are close to UofM and I am so happy to hear that you chose ours and thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

Best of luck to your daughter as she chooses the college that is best for her - hopefully we will see you again soon!

Go Blue!
Christina Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Miami, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Came to visit UM with my daughter and was very happy with hotel. Friendly service, a very appealing lobby, good location, and a very nice room with which was very clean and modern. The large flat screen tv and Keurig coffee maker in the room really top it off. Pool area is great for kids and adults.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
"Great location, great value, great service" - Edward N, you caught my attention right away! I am so pleased to hear that you and your daughter had such a nice stay when you recently came to visit the University of Michigan. We strive to offer a clean, comfortable and friendly place for you to stay and it is great that you were able to experience this.

I hope that your visit to U of M went well and that we will be seeing you for the next four years!

Kind Regards,
Charlotte, NC, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My hotel stay was very nice, yet I had to interact with the hotel staff a bit too much. Though friendly, this was during the Valentine's Day Weekend where there were a lot of interact with friendly staff, lots of kids and some noise as our room was by the stairs. Lord, stay away from the stairs. The bar area - very nice and friendly staff. Overall, scale of 1 to 5 - we give it a 4. BE AWARE of the parking as this place is SHARED by another hotel across the way and LOTS of cars were there. Had to park across the street at the Mall. It was not far to walk to the hotel, so that was a good thing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Gregory D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you had some small troubles with your time here. Yes, parking has been a little tight on weekends this winter due to all of the extra snow. However, we wish to inconvenience you as little as possible and will even clear your car of snow after any snowfall!

I do hope the next time you are in the Ann Arbor area you are able to give us another try. Please contact me directly if you wish to discuss your stay further. bell@raymondteam.com or 734.324.6400.

Best Wishes,
Naperville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times and never had a bad experience. Great staff. Clean rooms. Spacious bathroom and shower. Welcoming lobby and lounge area. Best location - close to restaurants and shopping. Easy access to downtown Ann Arbor and the highway.

Hi Woodrow W A,

Thanks for the great review - I will be sure to share it with the team! It is always a pleasure having you stay at the hotel and we certainly appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The hotel is very clean and the rooms are nice. The staff is welcoming and helpful. The fitness room was perfect, and very clean. The lobby is a quiet place to work or read a book in the afternoon, and gets busy in the evening with guests, but that was not a problem. If I need to travel to Ann Arbor again, I will definitely stay in this hotel.

Hello Megan M,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor. I appreciate you taking the time to provide a review and touch on some of the things that were important to you during your visit. The entire team will be happy to hear your comments - everyday we strive to be our best and it is great to hear that you experienced that.

We hope you come back soon!

Best Wishes,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was in town for business this week, and have had some recent stays in the area that were not so great. I reached out the Manager, Frank whom settled any issue I may have had in the past. He was a great pleasure to deal with, very accommodating and a great guy overall (two thumbs up). He went head over heels to make sure my stay was a great one, which is sure was. The room was very clean, the location is as good as it gets, the staff is all very friendly and welcoming as well as the atmosphere in the lobby. I ordered room service last night and Kristen was super helpful on suggested menu items, the food was both delicious and was ready in less than 20 minutes! Between Kristen and Frank, this stay was a great success and I will always be returning my business here on a bi weekly basis!

Hi Csandagato,

"Best location in town, hands down!" That title sure does make the team feel great. I have shared your comments with them - especially with Kristin and Frank. We are so pleased that we have come to know you and can welcome you into the hotel as a friend. Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Take Care,
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We came from Mexico and visited Ann Arbor for the first time this past weekend (February 14, 2014). I have to say that after spending our days outside in 10 degree weather, it was a great feeling to come back to the warm, well-lit, very well designed and welcoming lobby at the Hilton Garden Inn. The rooms are new, well spaced, quiet (we stayed in 408 at the top floor, but I could tell that our footsteps may have been heard by the guests below, so we minded not steping on the floor too hard). Service by the staff was corteous, and everyone was very interested in ensuring we had a pleasant stay.

The business center and hotel WiFi (free!) was very good, we had free access to a printer.

The fitness center was also above standard, however two of the treadmills had a non-functioning TV monitor.

The only two minor gripes we had:

1) Rooms do not have a safe, so we had to come to the front desk and put our Passports in a safety deposit box. Electronic safes are really inexpensive these days, I would recommend the hotel installs one in every room.
2) One day the restaurant was very busy for breakfast and it seemed they were under staffed, it took a long while just to get our table cleaned up and our order taken. But they were extremely good about it and did not charge us for breakfast (we had the free breakfast package and it didn't matter, but it was an extremely good gesture). Pancakes were amazing.

I would highly recommend anyone visiting Ann Arbor to stay at this hotel. It is also less tan two miles from the Big House and Crisler Center.

Room Tip: We stayed in 408 and it was really quiet!