“Excellent property New to Towneplace Hotel Chain” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Pensacola, Florida
“Excellent property New to Towneplace Hotel Chain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I'm am usually a Residence Inn person but my wife picked this when our last few stays were at Residence Inns that the property was a little dated. These rooms are a little smaller than the Residence Inn and do not have a full kitchen but with a cook top microwave and full size refig and dishwasher I can easily make due. The hotel looks almost new so it's looks well maintained. The Residence Inn are attracting folks that want to stuff 6 people into a room and it gets really noisy at times. Breakfast was perfectly adequate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review . Our team values your feedback and appreciates your kind words. The TownePlace Suites by Marriott Ann Arbor is the newest Marriott property in the Ann Arbor area opening in October of 2012. Thank you for taking notice to our fully equipped kitchens that have everything from a corkscrew to pots and pans. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you as our guest and for your loyalty towards Marriott properties.
We hope to see you again!
Brittany Villa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Romulus, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I 'm hooked on this location,TownePlace has Always been my favorite Marriot Hotel. The reason being I traveled a lot with the six grand children I adopted, some of them cut their teeth in the TownePlace Suites. They are all grown now and believe it or not the oldest grandson goes to Eastern Michigan University and his major is Hotel and Restaurant Management because he loved staying at the TownePlace Suites and the kicker he works for Marriott( Fairfield Inn, Ann Arbor )I'd like to think I played a pretty big part in that :) Now my great grands will be enjoying the TPS, I spent this weekend there with them there and the indoor pool is great ! Marroitt , thank you. Now I have one request can I have bacon and sausage with breakfast ?

Room Tip: I really can't think of anything,honestly.
Green Features: The indoor air is fresh the landscape is great and it didn't have those smelly garbage disposals, I could just give the bags to housekeeping.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
It was a pleasure to read your review .We truly appreciate your loyalty towards Marriott and the brand that we love! It was awesome to read that the TownePlace Suites impacted your grandson's decision on choosing his career path. The team looks forward to having you back the next time you are in Ann Arbor. Just maybe we will impact the career choices for your great grand kids!
Thanks again!
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Everything was first class and well-maintained. Nice room, bed, amenities. Staff was friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay. We didn't use the pool, but the workout room was clean and had nice treadmills, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side (the mall side).
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thanks for the review ! The team is so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in our hotel and in making our guests our #1 priority. Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you on your next University of Michigan visit.
Have a wonderful day!
Westport, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hotel is across from a shopping mall and near other suite hotels. 10 minute drive to/from central campus. It is clean, colorful, and nicely designed. Parking is ample. Breakfast includes a waffle iron. The rooms have a bed, pull out sofa, and kitchenette. Staff is very friendly. Suggest the hotel install mini-safes in the rooms for convenience. Would stay again.

Stayed October 2013
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thanks for the review! Our goal is to make sure that all of our guest leave the hotel happy and with exceeded expectations and we are so glad that we did so with your stay. Thank you for your feedback on the mini-safes in the rooms. We do offer our guests safety deposit boxes at no extra costs that can be accessed by key at any time during your stay. They are located near the front desk. Thanks again for choosing us and we hope to see you soon!
Go Blue!
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I just stayed at the Town Place Suites for the first time and was very happy! I had a small studio, with a kitchen, dining area, large screen TV, two beds, etc. The beds were VERY comfortable, the bathroom, while small, was certainly adequate for a hotel bathroom, the selection of television channels was very good, compared to other hotels in Ann Arbor. The pool area was clean and well equipped - they even have pool toys for the kids! Another thing I appreciated was how many electrical outlets they had in the room with easy access for the guests!

The lobby and hallways are brightly lit. The decor is casual contemporary, and quite comfortable. They have a large area in the lobby for the complimentary breakfast, along with a business center and lounge area. I noticed a lot of guests using this area all day and in the evening, so they must find it comfortable. The ice machine was right off the lobby (I was on the first floor) but you also have a full-sized refrigerator in the room, so keeping things cold is not an issue.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Only one complaint, and this was not an issue in my room, but I heard another guest complain that the people who were cleaning the sir conditioners in the rooms pulled his out of the wall and then did not replace it after cleaning, leaving his room exposed and filled with bugs. GROSS!!! When I heard that I asked the front desk to NOT allow the air conditioning people into my room, and I also put a sign on my door to that effect. I was pleased that they respected my request.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words! It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay here at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Ann Arbor. Thank you for bringing the guest complaint to our attention. We have contacted the contracted company who worked on our units to let them know about this issue and our concerns. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again!
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a very new, very nice Towneplace Suites. The staff was friendly and the rooms immaculate. Although it is not right on campus, it is in the same vicinity as a large shopping mall - brightly lit and easy to access. The fitness room is small, but adequate. The only drawback is it's a little noisy with traffic sounds coming from a busy highway. This is by no means a deal breaker, though. I will definitely stay here when business brings me to Ann Arbor, again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road may be quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback ! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay while here for business. Our goal is to make sure that all of our guest leave the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Ann Arbor happy and with exceeded expectations. We are so glad that we did so with your stay. The team looks forward to having you the next time you are in Ann Arbor.
Have a great day!
Kentucky, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at the hotel while visiting UofM and the location was convenient for that. I'm not sure how old the hotel is but it looks brand new. My room was very clean and the decor gives it a homey, not your usual hotel room feel which I liked. I had a quick dip in the jacuzzi and pool which was refreshing - nice touch of having towels on all the chairs in the pool area. The staff was very friendly - I had a nice conversation with the front desk attendant (unfortunately don't recall her name) and the breakfast room attendant was very pleasant and helpful also. The only drawback was that the breakfast selection was not as good as other hotels in this class. I would likely stay at this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. Thank you for taking notice to our convenient location. Being right next to Briarwood Mall and only 2.5 miles away from the downtown area, our location works well for any type of traveler. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Brittany Villa

Been to TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor? Share your experiences!