“Suberve Service! I'll be back!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
San Francisco, California
“Suberve Service! I'll be back!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had a few qualms about staying at this hotel. I have had a lot of bad experiences at hotels especially ones in the mid-west. This stay proved to be one of the best I have had in many years. One reason being was that when I arrived I was under a great deal of stress. But when I walked and was welcomed so warmly by the attendant, I almost instantly felt the stress was lifted. She was so helpful. When I needed more towels, I walked down there Nicole offered to bring them up for me. Just a great experience, I felt I'd remark on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel is located near the Briarwood Mall and is about 4 miles south of the University of Michigan campus. The positives are that the facilities seem to have been updated recently, and the free breakfast buffet is good. My room was comfortable enough, though I found the extremely low water pressure in the shower to be a source of frustration during my 3-day stay. Like other travelers, I also found my interactions with the front desk staff to be less than ideal as they couldn't answer basic questions about local transportation, claimed they were unable to produce an invoice upon checkout, and insisted on photocopying my credit card. I think this is fine place to stay, but don't expect much in the way of service or amenities.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed here for about a week while I was looking for a job. The room was cleaned very well every time I requested it and the cleaning people were friendly. The service I received from the people at the front desk was good too. One young lady, I think her name was Nicole, helped me out changing the batteries in the tv remote and even changed my room when I requested. Overall a swell experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bellmore, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I checked into this hotel, and found out I had a room on the first floor. As a single woman traveler who likes to sleep with the window open, I asked for a second or third floor room. Nicole at the front desk told me that it was impossible for her to change my room since I booked online. She then said there was only one other room with two queen beds on the third floor, and that it "is in a bad part of the hotel...you wouldn't want to be there." She told me that "this place is safe, you'll be fine." I begrudgingly took the room as assigned even though I have NEVER had a hotel staff person say it's impossible to change a room, and settled in for the night.

Two hours after I checked in, I hear voices outside my door and rattling, as if someone was trying to get into my room. I opened the door to see a very confused older couple who had also been booked into my room. They went back to the front desk and a second employee gave them a different room. I then got a call from Nicole asking me what my last name was. REALLY? She didn't say "This is Nicole from the front desk." She just said "What's the last name of the person staying in this room?" without identifying herself. I didn't feel safe with that so I physically went to the front desk. She said that there was a mixup and even though she had my reservation and had, two hours earlier, scanned my credit card and checked my license, she had somehow removed me from the computer records and didn't know who I was. I said my name, and then showed her my license. She then "corrected" my pronunciation of my last name, and assured me that this time, there would now be a record of me being checked into my room.

The facilities are nice enough, the location is right off the highway and next to a Red Roof Inn and a Burger King, but with a front desk staff person that has no idea how to do her job and, in fact, endangers my safety by PUTTING OTHER PEOPLE IN MY HOTEL ROOM, I would not come back here.

Room Tip: Ask when you book for a specific type of room. Apparently they don't believe in changing rooms...
Reminderville, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is very nice and the front desk staff was very helpful and made my stay an outstanding one. Only knock on this is the location, kinda hard to get into due to no left turn in the street entrance. You have to drive past the hotel if your headed south then make a upturn somewhere and head north to gain access. Other than that minor inconvenience this is a great stay! Will return when staying in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed September 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have family in the area and found this was a great place to stay during our visit. This particular property was very nice and we were glad that we had found such a good place as we were staying in the area for 3 nights. Comfy beds, very clean, everything well maintained. Nice lobby and breakfast room. Front desk staff were especially helpful and helped us find restaurants, a nail salon, and helped find places we wanted on our map. They alerted us to road construction and areas to avoid. The price was very good as was the location. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
McLean, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

A hotel I always stay in during the football weekend. The hotel had been renovated since my last stay. I made great use of the new flat screen tvs during down time. I was happy there was also a fridge and microwave in the room that were very convenient. I booked multiple rooms over the phone with Nicole. She was very helpful and got all rooms together as well as any adjustments I needed before my arrival. She was also very nice and her customer service was exceptional. Overall I was more than satisfied with my experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites University South? Share your experiences!