“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Lodi, California
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I travel to Ann Arbor nearly every year for a football game. My first choice is always this hotel. I can't seem to match elsewhere the clean rooms, consistent service, great rates and location. I stayed there again two nights earlier this month. The room was clean, the staff friendly, and the breakfast excellent. The Manager - Maggie - is friendly, hands-on and role-models customer service for her staff; she operates a very well-run hotel. I was made to feel comfortable. On my morning of departure I left the hotel very early, even before the complimentary breakfast time had begun.The host preparing it gave me a couple of food items out of the kitchen despite the time. I simply have never had a bad nor even a marginal experience at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have stayed at this Comfort Inn several times in the past four years. Initially I was quite pleased with the property, and it was soooo much better than the other Comfort Inn at Carpenter and Washtenaw. But over time I have noticed it getting rather shabby. The cleanliness is not up to par, the beds are not as comfortable, the pool is becoming a disaster and the WiFi is a joke.

I do not say these things lightly. I am very quick to write a good review if I like a place. The location for this hotel is great - right across the street from Briarwood Mall and not far from the U of M stadium. There are lots of restaurants within a reasonable distance, and it is right off I-94.

As I mentioned, I stayed here a lot in the beginning because it was good quality at a good price, but as the quality has declined, I have taken my business elsewhere.

I have been wondering if this hotel is under new management - maybe the same guys who run the one on Carpenter. If the owners would spend the money to rehab the property and take care of it, this could be #1 on my list again.

Room Tip: In my experience, the rooms I've had on the third floor are preferable to rooms on the other flo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Glencairn, Ont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed for 5 nights over the Labour Day weekend while working in Saline. My room on the 3rd floor was comfortable, clean and spacious. Every thing worked. Wireless was a bit weak so I plugged in instead. The indoor pool and hot tub were excellent. The workout equipment looked fine, but I was too lazy to try it. The hotel is close to every thing in Ann Arbor. The staff were friendly and efficient. I will definitely stay there again when I'm in the area. The free breakfast was better than going to McDonald's..... sausages, scrambled eggs, pancakes, etc, juice and coffee. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The manager found a room for us at very short notice on a football weekend and gave us an excellent price with AARP discount. The room was clean and the beds extremely comfortable. The free breakfast is enormous and very satisfying. Free coffee through the day. Internet for a Mac didn't connect at first but calling the 800 help line fixed it in about 4 minutes. Many restaurants within walking distance. Buses into town if needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I recent stayed at this hotel while we were moving my son into school there. The rooms was decent ...clean and had the basic stuff. The only issue I had was their wireless was not working well. I was not able to connect. I did not mind this time so much as I was actually busy with getting my son set up and it was only for a night. Otherwise this by itself would have scored them 1 star.
Their breakfast was the normal stuff and no compliant. Overall the stay was moderate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here for a leisure visit and must say i was quite suprised. For a Comfort Inn this one in particular is a really great location. The service is here is wonderful and the staff make you feel right at home. I booked a Jacuzzi Suite for my girlfriend and I and the room was spacious! I felt like i was in an apartment. The room was clean and the Jacuzzi was really nice and comfortable for the two of us. I've been noticing a lot of hotels serve a free dinner, this one did too and it was really good, the rice and lasagna really hit the spot. Other then that, breakfast was great too, a lot of options and I loved that the breakfast lady brought my waffle to me when it was ready! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel is musty,old and needs work and MAJOR cleaning more than
just the housekeeping staff can do. It needs a complete overall it is worn out.
Everything from the Paint, Wallpaper, Floors, Countertop’s, Tile, Carpet, Bedding and Furniture, TVs, Appliances needs updating and Cleaning. The sheets are thin and worn and we were afraid to sit on furniture the fabric was so dirty. The pool was unheated and staff was unpleasant except for housekeeping. Have enclosed some photos to demonstrate
what we encountered and this was the best room they had. They do have a basic breakfast and serve a free meal at night that fills the hotel with smells of onions and garlic.

Room Tip: Find Another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites University South? Share your experiences!