“Motel 6 Ann Arbor - Nice but Noisy” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Ann Arbor

You added Motel 6 Ann Arbor to your Saves list
Motel 6 Ann Arbor
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3764 South State Street, I-94 at Exit #177/State Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48108   |
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Princeton, New Jersey
“Motel 6 Ann Arbor - Nice but Noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here during our daughter's move-in. It is slightly expensive compared to the Red Roof Inn @ Belleville. We assumed that closer to the UoM area would be nicer. That was a mistake. The rooms were nice, with a type of hardwood floor that felt weird. We got a room backing to the trash compacting firm in the back. Probably our luck (or the way we looked, tired after 10 hr drive).
The worst was, the noise insulation - there was NONE. We wanted some sleep and every door opening and closing would rattle the whole section. Despite we turned the A/C high and slept under the comforters (freezing in the summer of 2012) to avoid the noise.
The TV remotes were non functional. We were happy to move out and move into the apartment of our kid (no facilities, sleeping bags and no TV). We slept nicely that night and enjoyed it better than the Motel 6. Wish we had stayed with Red Roof Inn.

The staff was nice, but what is the point if they are servicing a run-down property,

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the middle quad, or facing the road. It feels safe. In the night it is really scar...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had a good night here, no problems at all. This is an upgraded version of Motel 6 which was clean and tidy. The floor covering is better than most because it is a hard floor, no dirty carpets. Check in was easy, the staff was pleasant and we would return if we were in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank VoyageurIntrepide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here on our way home from a tigers game. It was cheap and not a bad hotel to spend a night. The rooms actually looked really modern and different from most but it was clean and good enough for us to spend a night. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Awilson01
Windsor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

I read that the room was updated. Thinking this would be a nice place to stay. No!

You can hear everything from outside. I felt like I was sleeping in the parking lot.

When they updated this motel, they cheaped out on the sound proofing of the doors and windows. When you can hear a couples' conversation from outside- from 3 room down. Clear as day. Huston, we have a problem!

Found short black hair in the bathroom (not mine, I have curly long brown hair) and dog paws prints on the bed sheets (I don't own a dog).

I did like wifi and blue colour on the walls.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We got an excellent deal at this motel during graduation weekend. The room was comfortable. Comfy beds. Nicely updated with fun colors, furniture and simple decor. But, even with all the cosmetic updates, there is no doubt that it is a Motel. Pretty cold feeling rather than homey. They don't provide shampoo or body wash. Our room also didn't have a hair dryer or even a clock. For the price is was good, but I would pay the extra for the amenities and extra comfort.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

The Motel 6 in Ann Arbor is a good location especially if you are attending a U of M football game, or going to events on the U of M campus. The rooms are a nice size and the beds are reasonably comfortable. Rooms were clean, but I found the floors to be stickie, which from running a former cleaning and maintenance company was due, in my opinion, to too much soap in the water, or not proper rinces. The grounds are nothing special, but are back off of the main road, and it is quiet as long as the tenants are quiet, and not celebrating an event. The staff is helpful and polite. If you are looking for a budget motel, this is the place for Location and price. Nothing fancy, but was remodeled within the past couple of years.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool if you are in town in the summer.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Mascoutah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I travel to Ann Arbor 4-6 times each year and always stay at this Motel 6. The rooms are clean, the bed is comfortable, the rooms are spacious, the property is nicely landscaped and the price is a bargain. I've never had a problem with noise either from traffic or other guests. I've stayed here during U of M homecoming and every month of the year except July. At every visit the staff has been friendly and courteous. I enjoy the flat panel TV and the wide selection of channels. There is a nice little outdoor pool and a McDonald's adjacent to the property. Each time I've visited the ice machines have worked and the WiFi has been reliable which is something I can not say for some more expensive places to stay. For about $3.00 more you can get a room with a micro/refrigerator. The location is great, just off I-94, which provides easly access to all parts of Ann Arbor. The property is well lit and there are some nice trees and grassy areas. All rooms are ground level and I like being able to park just outside my door. I've stayed here many times for many nights and will continue to be a "regular" at this Motel 5.

Room Tip: Request a room to the back of the property for the most quiet location.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo