“Great rate for folks with family in U of M Hospital” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3621 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105-2659   |
Ranked #6 of 30 hotels in Ann Arbor
Maple Creek, Canada
“Great rate for folks with family in U of M Hospital”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This hotel was referred to us by the U of M hospital's Med Inn ( hospital's on site hotel) when they were full. Med Inn has an arrangement with local accomodations specifically for families who need to stay close to the medical center. In my case, a medical emergency with my father. We needed two rooms, one on the main floor for my elderly mother. We got exactly what we requested and at a reduced rate since we went through Med Inn. The rooms were clean and modern. The beds were new with great bedding. The staff was wonderful. They also have a 24 hour shuttle to and from the medical center. Red Roof made a hard time easier. I can't say enough.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kimberly M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
We would like to thank you for posting a comment on your experience. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We do cater to the hospital business and we hope all is well with your family. Thank you for staying with us.

Kimberly

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ishpeming, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have stayed at this Red Roof Inn many times in the past 3 years, always great ! Convienant location easy access from expressway,they are great to U of M Hospital Patients ! ( I am one) always friendly service. This last visit I found out they have completely remodeled, very nice ! Also, they have special pricing for U of M hospital patients, and shuttles available to and from the Hospital, and attached Big Boy Rest. with room service and coupon discounts. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in AnnArbor, even if I weren't a patient at U of M !

Room Tip: all rooms I have been in are great, and they will always accomodate your needs if you need ground fl...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Kimberly M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and got a chance to experience our new rooms. We appreciate your dedication to our business and hope that you will continue to visit us while in Ann Arbor.

Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Rooms are very clean and reasonably prices. Staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant attached which is. Very convenient and the food is good. We stayed here because a family member was having surgery at U of M, the hotel also runs a shuttle to the hospital which is a very nice touch. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't know if there was a pool,
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your post and would like to thank you! It is always nice to hear that our satff is doing their job of satisfying our guests. We appreciate your business and once again thank you for the compliments.

Beaver Island, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stay here about once a year, traveling to our summer camp in Northern Michigan. They make us and our dog welcome. Clean, quiet, well equipped rooms. This stay I had a problem getting on to the wifi to get some local information. The front desk helped me out, even printing two maps to help me find my way around.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure having you here. I am pleased to see that my staff is assisting you with your needs and continuing to provide the quality of service that we take pride in. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Flint, mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

By all means, this is a two-star hotel. Some sites may raise the star rating due to onsite ammenities (the attached Big Boy restaurant).

If you are familiar with Red Roof Inns, then you know what to expect. The room has been remodeled recently and has a nice flatscreen tv, modern furniture and a hard surface floor (looks like hardwood).

The new look is nice, but some features of the new design are quirky. The bedstand has built-in electrical outlets (for cpap machines, or in-bed laptop use), but the dark color scheme, low location of the outlets, and dim lighting may cause you to overlook these. Another quirk is the sink. The water stopper control is hidden in back.

The mattress is the worst part about staying here. It is saggy and a little lumpy.

Housekeeping, or some long-term guests must be heavy smokers, because there are a few empty cigarette boxes and butts near the stairs.

Room Tip: Hotel is right next to the exit ramp, so look for a room opposite the expressway
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your comments. Thank you for detailed description of your experience. I would like you to know that we do have new mattresses in all of our deluxe rooms that also feature the microfrig, coffee makers and hairdryers. We are in the process of replacing all of the mattress in the standard rooms as well. Please contact me directly when returning and request a deluxe room on your next visit and I will be happy to provide you with a free upgrade as a token of my appreciation.

Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

The last time I visited Ann Arbor I stayed at the Lamp Post Inn and I couldn’t say enough BAD things about it! I was afraid that since anything HAD to be better, I would have trouble being objective about this motel but here are my thoughts regarding the good and bad.
It is located right off M-23 on Plymouth Rd which allowed for relatively easy access to most of Ann Arbor and quick access to the expressways. I was concerned about noise considering the proximity to the expressway but it proved to be unfounded. This was one of the quietest motels I’ve stayed at. I don’t know if it was intentional but I appreciate that guests were spaced out around the motel and I never had to listen to anyone in an adjoining room.
The room was spacious and there was plenty of room for the clothing and items that one would bring for a week’s stay. The beds were firm and I felt could use a thicker pillow-top for my old bones. The pillows were thick and the comforter was made of a material that was kind of slick and would often end up on the floor before the night was over but… I wouldn’t go so far as to say it was an uncomfortable sleep.
The refrigerator made a lot of noise and didn’t seem to get real cold but still, I would call it functional. There was a microwave and a one brew coffee maker. The large TV was easily viewed from one bed but not the other.
There was a safe in the room. Kind of a surprise but even more so when I discovered at check out that I was being charged an extra $1.50/day for it! I didn’t need it, hadn’t requested it and was pretty ticked off that I had to pay for it!
The bathroom was VERY small and the lighting wasn’t very good. I had a room with two queen beds but there weren’t bath products for two people and the number of towels was minimal.
One really nice surprise about the room were all of the outlets. Here is a hotel that caters to the modern traveler who needs to charge smart phones, laptops, IPads, etc. And enough outlets to accommodate the BOTH of us!
Many mornings there was a complimentary USA Today outside my door. There is a Big Boy restaurant attached to the motel and a complimentary breakfast (get your voucher at the front desk each day) is included. There is a choice of 6 items or you can credit $3.50 to another meal choice. I thought this was a generous breakfast.
There is free (except for tip of course) shuttle service available to the local hospitals – a very nice amenity for those who have traveled for the excellent health care services offered in Ann Arbor.
Housekeeping was spotty. Some days it was great and others, not so much. The one day I did complain to the front desk they were very prompt to seeing that my concerns were addressed.
There is free wifi in the rooms and I never had any problem with it.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this motel and they will be my first choice when I return.

Room Tip: Watch out for a charge for the safe!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your honest and detailed comments. We appreciate the compliments and are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. It is comments like yours that help us improve our quality of service for our guests. If you would like to contact me I will be happy to credit you for the safe. It is an optional fee for the warrentee on the safe. We look forward to serving you again in the future when visiting Ann Arbor. Thank you again.

Carrboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

They've recently refitted all rooms with modern furniture and flat screen tv's. Very pleasant and comfortable rooms. You get a coupon for free (basic) breakfast or half-price on the hot breakfast buffet next door at Big Boy's. Great value! Will stay here again!
i booked the room for one person only, but then my daughter stayed with me one of the nights. They would give me only one coupon for breakfast, however

Room Tip: The premium king room is still half the price of a room at a fancier hotel and well-worth it!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stop by and see us again when visiting our beautiful city of Ann Arbor.

Kimberly Marme

Been to Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North? Share your experiences!