“We Tried Again” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“We Tried Again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Our travels took us to the area of Guy's (not much else in the area that we like). We requested a booth but it was next to a window and it was cold, so we moved. That must of confused the service people because we had a long wait. The food wait was not as long, my wife had a Philly Steak Sandwich which she liked, I had a quesadilla which I liked but avoid the hot peppers if you do not like real hot peppers and our son had a shrimp basket which he really liked. So the food was ok, service needs improvement and go on a warmer day.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
GuyHollerins, Manager at Guy Hollerin's, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Hi and thanks for taking the time to leave your comments! It sure has been a cold season so far in Michigan, we certainly understand how it can be drafty by the windows. Although we try and have the hostess seat our guests, and the servers tend to their sections, there are times that a change in seating does not get communicated, as it seems happened in your case. I will share your comments with the staff and use it in an attempt to avoid confusion in the future.
Thanks for returning to the restaurant, we hope to see you again soon!

Peoria, Illinois
“Affordable, Predictable Experiencd”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This restaurant is within a Holiday Inn. It is at a good family dining price point. The BBQ Meat Loaf I selected was flavorful but I doubt the meal was freshly prepared. It seemed to be a commercial food product, but was satisfying and of good quality. Service was attentive. The background music track was a bit loud and the furnishings were a touch worn. Overall what you would expect at traditional Holiday Inns, not as good, however as some of the newer Holiday Inn restaurants I've experienced where there was a keener focus on cuisine themes and a sense of a finer dining experience. No complaints but not a place to go out of your way to find.

GuyHollerins, Manager at Guy Hollerin's, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Hello! Thank you for your feedback. We do indeed make our meatloaf in house, as well as our soups and several of our sauces. As Guy Hollerin's Ann Arbor Bar and Grill, we pride ourselves in serving honest home cooked meals at an affordable price. Although we are not a fine dining restaurant, our culinary team here at Holiday Inn has, for over 35 years, provided world class cuisine for our numerous banquets and off site functions, including weddings and office holiday parties! I am confident our staff can meet the variety of needs of our community. Thanks again for taking the time to review, and if you haven't heard about Local Blues Local Brews, I can promise you a return visit here on Saturday nights would be worth going out of your way! Hope to see you soon!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“GREAT SERVICE, GREAT FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I work near by and heard of a special that they run for the U of M employees (buy one get one free for entrees!) It is much easier going here then to downtown, I arrived was seated promptly and was greeted promptly by our waitress Tabatha. She took our drink order & quickly returned with the drinks. We were surprised to hear that we could use the buy one get one free on the $6.99 all you can eat soup, salad and bread! Our soup was brought out quickly and our HUGE salads shortly followed. I will be returning again and I will be telling my fellow employees about the fantastic deals and service you offer.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
GuyHollerins, Manager at Guy Hollerin's, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Hello! Thank you for your time in posting such a great review! We love and appreciate our neighbors, please share with others our great lunch specials, and don't forget the MCard works for breakfast and dinner too!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Not a great place to eat”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I spent the night here at the holiday inn for a meeting the next morng early before flying out that day. I was happy to see they were open at 6:30 allowing me to grab a bite to eat before I had to be at the meeting down the street by 7. Well....they really do not open at 6:30, it was 6:35 when they unlocked the doors, no one seated you, just servers yelling lower area only. The breakfast buffet was set up and so I walked over and guess what...NO FOOD. that finally came out around 6:40 and it was som pretty nasty looking hashbrowns and the gravy looked like it was water with some coloring to it. The eggs were ok, the fruit was the highlight of my 5.75 (with coupon) breakfast. I will tell you when you see the so called manager behind the bar, doing who knows what, the staff on thier phones texting you need to just leave. I asked guy a table over from me and he said he has stayed here a couple of times and it has slowly gotten worse and worse and it seems the employees dont care. They have never been open and ready for customers at 6am he said. Reading some of these reviews you woudl think the manager of the hotel woudl start checking out these reports before his or her buisness is negitivly effected long term. I will never eat here again especially after I handed the server 6 dollars, I waited and waited for the change but the server never came back...I guess that wa sthe tip the server wanted so I left nothing else as unlike them I have to be at work on time...you all need to train your staff...also, setting all the table service in one corner of the table...really, your staff is to lazy to actually set tables? McDonalds would be a better place to spend your money not this place.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
GuyHollerins, Manager at Guy Hollerin's, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hello,
I'm sorry for your recent experience here. I would like to look further into your stay, but I need some more information, such as the day and time you were in. This way I can better understand what went wrong and how to fix it. Please contact me directly at the hotel 734-769-9800 so we can further discuss. Thank you for your time.
“Typical hotel food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I ate breakfast in the morning a couple days and not a bad Buffett but not awsome. The food is typically scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon (always seems over cooked), links, gravy (someday it is prepared correctly others it is super runny), biscuits are average, they have oatmeal which I did not try, dry cereal with milk, breads, and a fruit plate..some days they have pancakes (dry), French toast, or waffles.
The servers are generally good with the exception of a blond young lady who really should be trained better (if you give her cash remember to ask for ALL your change back) but the male server, the black haired female and the hostess are super good and make up for the one. Would suggest you eat here if staying in hotel and have coupon if not better breakfasts for the same price at other establishments.
I ate one dinner here and the service was what made the meal. The French onion soup seemed canned, and the baked potato over done and the steak was ok. Again kudos to the servers.

GuyHollerins, Manager at Guy Hollerin's, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Than you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We will use your feedback to continue to strive to be excellent. Additionally, if you would like to contact me directly at the hotel to further discuss your recent experience, I would welcome it. My name is Heidi, I am the food and beverage Director. Thank you again for your time.