“Never Disappointing” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #177 of 519 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Liberty & William Streets
Transit: The City of Ann Arbor's Transportation Authority Terminal is located behind the restaurant, providing bus transit services throughout the area.
Michigan
“Never Disappointing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Now that you can individualize every course, every person in your dinner party is satisfied - no need for full consensus other than oil, chocolate, and cheese. Veggie lovers can get vegetables, seafood fanatics can get seafood and carnivores can order beef, pork, duck, chicken. It's truly gr8! You need 3 hours reserved for a four course meal, so just plan for that.

Visited August 2013

“Never disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

As always--we had a fantastic experience at the Melting Pot in Ann Arbor. We always have superior customer service with attentive and charismatic waiters along with delicious food that never disappoints. We got an amazing deal with their Art Week special and enjoyed every bit of it. The menu changed a little as far as how you order (you can now choose a different entree dish instead of having to agree on one with your party!). Although it is a little pricy if you pay full price, I feel like the experience and the staff make it worth every dollar!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fun for a celebration!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to the Melting Pot for my birthday. We made reservations and still had to wait a few minutes when we first arrived. No big deal maybe 5 minutes top. We were seated in the back part of the restaurant in a more private booth, this was nice. My only complaints are, 1. It was pretty warm back where we sat at first, they must have over heard me say something and cranked on the over head ac. 2. The couple in the booth next door picked a really spicy cooking method and my nose was dying from the scent. But that's really out of the restaurants control, just a friendly warning.
Our waiter was Casey, and he was fabulous! He was friendly and informative about the dining experience. This was my first time so he was very helpful. We had plenty of refills and he wasn't at the table every 3 minutes. Just the right amount of table touching.
we did the four courses, cheese Fondue was delicious then you get salad then your main entree that you cook in the fondue pot on the table. It was an interesting experience! Casey showed us how to make mushroom caps which my boyfriend loved! Finally you get dessert! It's so yummy the cheesecake and strawberries were my favorite! Casey even brought us out extra strawberries after we had finished ours!
Overall it was a lovely treat. And I mean treat. This is not a let's eat here 2x a month place. We spent $104 just between the two of us. But we left full and satisfied! I would at least try this place once for the experience!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Expectations, expectations...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited The Melting Pot in Ann Arbor, MI one Friday evening. I'd like to say first that the service was great and the food was fine. The issues were our expectations. If you're going out for a traditional sit down meal, this is not the spot. The 4 courses took almost 2 hours to complete. I suggest the intent is to have fun with the pots and make it an event. We just wanted an event worthy meal. Under some circumstances, we'd go back but for the cost ($150 for 2 adults and a child) it just does not resonate as a must eat location. Again, it was about expectations. They're going to bring you uncooked meats and vegetables that you're going to cook on what is essentially a hot plate at your table. The cuts of meat were good and the selected cooking style was tasty, In the end it just felt like we lacked something. The Chop House across the street perhaps would have been a better choice.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Service was the best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had never been to the Melting Pot. The food was good and it was fun to fondue at the table. Gerard was our waiter and he was quite personable and was knowledgeable about the entire menu. We went with his suggestions and were not disappointed. It was a fun evening. It was not cheap so be prepared if you decide to eat here. It would be great for special occasions.

• Visited May 2013