“Don't miss it!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Los Angeles, California
“Don't miss it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Ann Arbor has its share of delicious food and flavors, but the Cuban fare here is not to be missed! Many of the Cuban "classics" have been updated with unique twists and are served to you in a loud, crowded dining hall packed full of hungry strangers. They serve delicious drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and incredible desserts. I'm getting hungry again just writing this. Go!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pendleton, Indiana, United States
“Sandwiches worth travelling 300 miles for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Singularly the best sandwiches in Ann Arbor, and that is a bold statement. Cuban food elevated to a special place. The Plantain Chips are also wonderful. The flavors are amazing, the staff is friendly. The chorizo frita is extraordinary. Worth a trip to Ann Arbor, jus t for a sandwich!

• Visited May 2013
oklahoma
“Cuban street food in its dreams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

More homage than authentic, chef/owner Eve Aronoff does her own take on Cuban favorites -- fritas, the Cuban equivalent of hamburgers and batidos, fruity milkshakes with or without rum. I visited with a group so we sampled and shared. Everything was fresh, beautiful and, best of all, tasty. The closest to authentic was the chorizo frita -- the spicy sausage patty topped with shoestring fries and served on a soft egg bun -- yummy. So was the fish frita made from Lake Superior whitefish with lemon-scented mayo and shoestring fries. My personal favorite was the pulled pork sandwich topped with sweet chili mayo and tropical coleslaw. From my experience, I'd say you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. And you have a world of toppings to add to the fun. The avocado spread could have passed as guacamole in other parts of the country -- wonderful, with just the right amount of heat. And the batidos were addictive. I'm making myself hungry just remembering the meal!

• Visited June 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I love this place for good "burger" type food. Add the Cuban flair and you've got a wonderful mix of flavors and twists on what you might think of as a burger. I've heard their drinks are fabulous too; just haven't tried one yet.

I love the Black Bean Frita with the avocado and muenster cheese. All the fritas come topped with their great shoestring french fries. I get a craving for this place about once a month and it makes me glad I live in Ann Arbor and can wander downtown to satisfy my taste buds any time I choose! The greatest challenge here is eating slowly. I tend to go when I am really hungry and I almost always wish I had savored my meal more because before I know it, it's gone and I'm way too full to order another...and then I can't wait till the next crave inspires me to return.

Visited May 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Worth the Occasional Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Frita Batidos is a treat. It's more expensive than what you'd generally pay for a sandwich and drink. But, that's why it's a treat. It's not the typical "sandwich and drink" in that the ingredients are of quality and creatively used. The blend of flavors is great. My husband and I both had the chorizo frita and would get a different frita next time...it was a bit too heavy (like everything here). Don't pass up on the garlic fries or plantain chips. The food will keep us coming back...the price tag will keep that visit occasional.

• Visited May 2013