“great food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
ann arbor, MI
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Eve Aronoff used to have the best fine dining restaurant in Ann Arbor (Eve The restaurant) and has, for the moment, decided to shift gears to this far more informal setting. Picnic tables and spartan decor make this feel a bit like a diner, but the food is not what you would ever find in such an establishment. Cuban inspired, but with Eve's special touch, the fritas here are simply amazing. I have eaten here with teens and those that only like Michelin restaurants and always accolades abound. Not a place for a special anniversary dinner, but if you want delicious food (I love the cuban reuben) without waiter service, this is truly worth a visit.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Milford, MI
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had dinner here Tuesday night on my way to a Michigan basketball game

The food was great. I had the best pulled pork sandwich I have ever had. The Coconut Batidos I had was very good. The fried plantains with the garlic sauce were tasty. Plantains were good, garlic sauce was incredible

You sit in more of a communal environment, the tables are long dormitory style tables where you will share with other guests, makes the environment very enjoyable.

I really recommend that you give the place a try, the food is excellent

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“yum yum yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Frita is one of my favorite Ann Arbor restaurants. The food is super unique. Every time I have visitors, I always take them to Frita Batidos. My mom requests it. I think she only visits me because of it. I have not been disappointed by anything on the menu. My favorite things are the fish frita, the lime batido, and the garlic plantains.

My friends and I often discuss whether or not we think it's a good value. I think that the price is on par with a lot of the other Ann Arbor main street restaurants that are geared towards more casual dining - for example, Ann Arbor Brewing Company, but much much tastier. I get plenty to eat with just a frita sandwich, and think that the dinner between my fiance and I is ~30-40$, which is higher priced than we can afford ALL the time, but not so high that it merits a special occasion.

Visited December 2012
Novi, Michigan
“So Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Wow, I always loved this woman when she was at Eve and love here flavors now. Super talented and great causal place.

Visited August 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
“Good Food and Very Casual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have now had dinner at Frita's several times, and I really enjoy the "sandwiches". I was a huge fan of Eve, the Restaurant and sorry to see it close. Frita's uses quality and fresh ingredients. The chorizo is my favorite and is excellent. The passionfruit batido with a little rum in it is terrific. I like the communal seating, nothing wrong with making new friends.

I do agree with others on a couple of points. The restaurant could be cleaner. I think because of the communal tables and the quick turnovers, they don't pay much attention to cleaning, especially under the tables. The service can be spotty, especially trying to get any drink that is mixed. And even though this place is very casual, it is expensive. A couple of Fritas with toppings and a couple of Batidos can run you $40 easy. But, you do get what you pay for as, like I said, the ingredients are quality. I do like that they have beer and wine. A Frita and a beer are sometimes all I need to be happy.

• Visited October 2012