“Best Falafel I have ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #100 of 519 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Israeli
Taylor, Michigan
“Best Falafel I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My cousin Zac brought me here right after they opened because he knew the owner, and he knows I love falafel's. Now I cannot go to A2's Washtenaw area without stopping here! BEST FALAFEL I HAVE EVER HAD!! Not only is the sandwich huge but so good. They put a lot of veggies in the sandwich, I can ever finish it. I have never had such crispy falafel ball in my life so full of favor perfectly toasted pita with tons of veggies and the sauce they use is to die for. The staff is really friendly, and the place is always super clean. I live in Dearborn and still haven't had a falafel so good in my life!! I will contuine to go there everytime I am on that side of Ann Arbor. They know how to do it right at Haifa Falafel!! Keep up the good work, and I'll keep coming back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“Our go-to place for Middle Eastern Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I eat at Haifa on average once a week. The Detroit area is known for Middle Eastern cuisine, but Haifa Falafel makes it easy and tasty by just calling up, ordering your Shwarma sandwich, and picking it up 10 minutes later! The price has gone up slightly from when they first opened, but it's still a very good deal (especially the MEGA which weighs over 2 lbs! Feeds my wife and I for a few days). Their fattoush salad and falafel are also very good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Freedom Township, Michigan
“Wonderful falafel and best fattoush ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Food is fresh and attractive. Unusual falafel -- small golden balls of delicious. Fattoush had very nice, fresh romaine with lovely toasted pita on top and generous sprinkling of sumac. Vinegar may be a little assertive for some, but I loved it.

Decor is diner style -- comfortable enough. Service is quick and very friendly (walk up to place your order, they'll call your name when ready). Appears to be a family business, and a very attractive family it is too. Photos of the Haifa harbor, many including nice pics of the Bahia temple, on the walls.

I've been to a *lot* of Arab restaurants, starting with The Camel in Dearborn in the 70s, through the Christian Lebanese refugee era in the 80s and down to now. Haifa Falafel, located just east of US23, between Ann Arbor and Ypsi, has *hands down* the best falafel, fatoosh and mjdarah I have had in a restaurant.

Lots of carryout and lunch business when I was there.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Biggest mega sandwiches anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Their felafel is truly special. Small and crunchy on the outside, melt in your mouth creamy inside. Best I've ever had outside Israel. A large appetizer order is for a meal for me.

But if you're looking for a sandwich! Check out the megadelux felafal. The felafel, French fries, fixings' (and there plenty of them) and saice are all wrapped in a pita then cut in half to serve. Otherwise they're way too big to pick up. Even for my 6'4" spouse!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“and they care about presentation too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

okay, so this isn't Zingerman's Deli BUT for middle eastern food that is presented in a way that shows attention and care, this is the best of its kind in the area (and there's lots of competition - Southeast Michigan has a very large Arab population). some of my friends prefer the falafel at Jerusalem Gardens - chopped parsley in the falafel, somewhat spicier - but whenever we are asked to choose where to go, we go here. they have recently made some changes to the interior - independent tables and chairs rather than benches - and it's all to the good - now the place, while not at all fancy is quite pleasant and comfortable. One other thing, they cater, and the folks at my 4th of July picnic said how great the food was and how much of it there was. Very good value.

• Visited November 2012