“Hidden Pleasure? A Picture is worth a thousand words!” 5 of 5 stars

A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3750 Washtenaw Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48104   |
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Hidden Pleasure? A Picture is worth a thousand words!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2006

It was a pleasure to have stayed in Ann Arbor for graduation weekend. Most of the brand named and well known hotels were full. One desk clerk at the Campus Inn suggested that I go to this hotel. I'm glad I did, the price, product, and service was just right! I never heard of the Ann Arbor University Hotel. But I will stay again when my daughter graduates from U of M.

Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
ann arbor, mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2005

This place was really run down. My inlaws had to switch rooms because none of the drains in their bathroom functioned. The headrests on our beds were just leaning against the wall, and the bed was propped up on 4x4 unfinished wood boards that stuck out just so you could hit your ankles on them. The pitcher of orange juice at breakfast had layers upon layers of old pulp permanently stuck to it. My mother-in-law tripped on a transition trip in the hallway and skinned her knee.

I can't imagine why this place calls itself the university inn, because it is miles away from it.

• Stayed September 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2005

I've been everywhere, third world countries, Southeast DC - this was the most disgusting hotel I've had to encounter. The whole building had a terrible smell...you couldn't walk on the floor without at least socks on, oh speaking of socks, if for some crazy reason you decide to stay there - check the bed for old socks left by previous customers, along with the stains.

• Stayed September 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2005

My experience was horrible. They quoted me a rate of $62.99 and the next day they charged my account $140.39! I refuted the charge and they voided it but still put a hold on my checking account for the $140.39 plus an additional 62.99. On top of this they posted a charge of $62.99 to my account. So they charged me three times! Not to say the rooms were very nasty and the elevators did not even work. The rooms smelled of urine and the bathrooms and everything else was unkept. The lobby even had a bucket in the middle of the room to catch water dripping from a leak in the ceiling. Very horrible place. Never visit!

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

God, I wish I'd read these reviews before booking a room at this place! It was a complete dump, and the staff was about as indifferent and useless as one could be in that situation. Upon arriving for a wedding in town, I was informed that no laundry room was available--the clerk seemed to believe that only 3- and 4-star hotels offered coin laundries, a fact disproved two nights later when I stayed at a very clean and competently run Econo-Lodge (that was actually cheaper!). To get to my room, I had to go to the back of the building, past overflowing dumpsters, rusty rain-filled barrels, and the stench of garbage. The back door was completely unlocked and missing even a latch to hold it shut. After finding my room, I had to slam on the door handle to get the door open. Inside, I found a room that was missing a shower curtain and t.v. remote. My complaints to the desk brought about a room change (apparently, because new shower curtains weren't available). The new room was missing two lights and an alarm clock, which I had to go downstairs to retrieve. My room key malfunctioned every other time I tried to use it. Further complaints were met with complete indifference. No manager was available to speak to that day or the next, and the clerk even got angry when my complaints led one potential customer to tear up his receipt and leave! I plan to send a letter to the management, but I have a feeling that they couldn't care less.

• Stayed June 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2004

The worst hotel I have ever seen in the United States. I will limit my comments to the room.

The room was not clean. The coffee machine was half-full of old coffee. There was a used bar of soap on the sink. There was pubic hair on the toilet. (Please forgive this graphic description, but you need to know this if you are planning to stay there.) The bed was not properly made and the top sheet had a quarter-sized hole in it. Two sets of extra sheets and blankets were sloppily rolled-up and placed on top of the chrome coat shelf, along with a wrinkled, apparently used, plastic laundry bag. One large window was smudged with grease. There were crumbs on the couch. Instead of a desk chair, there was a recliner, and so you could not use the desk. And, on, and on, and on.

Needless to say, after seeing the common spaces and the room we decided to cancel our stay there. The desk clerk did not appear at all surprised.

We moved to one of the two Hampton Inns in Ann Arbor, where we encountered others who had planned on staying at the same Quality Inn but decided against it as well.

Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2004

I stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites a couple of years ago. Big mistake. When we arrived at the hotel I was immediately informed that the room I reserved was not available and would be given a different room. The type of room offered to me was not acceptable. The front desk clerk called the manager for assistance. When the manager arrived from else where on the property and noticed that I was visible pregnant the situation was quickly resolved. Aside from that problem...the property istelf is in poor shape and the rooms were as well. We were not able to take our shoes off in the room since the carpet was filthy, we had stayed in the middle of August and our feet looked as if we had been running through dirt. As for the bathroom - only one word can describe it - DISCUSTING!!! Needless to say on subsquent trips to Ann Arbor we have stayed elsewhere

• Stayed August 2001