“Felt like I was in horror movie.” 1 of 5 stars

A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3750 Washtenaw Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48104   |
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
North Bay, Canada
“Felt like I was in horror movie.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Dirty. Sheets had burns in it and was clearly not changed/cleaned before we got there. I was over charged by $200. Don't ever use Reservation Counter because they over charged me and when the hotel told me how much they would have charged me I was angry. Yet the hotel did nothing to try and get some decent customer service reviews. Pay extra to stay anywhere else. I would have rather slept in my truck. Free internet? Nope. Bar/lounge? haha NO. Dining? Not that I saw! Free local calls-phone didn't work. Wake up calls/alarm clock, umm No clock. Free breakfast? If you like old donuts and raisin bran. Never again.

Room Tip: Why is there a pool/fitness rating when there isn't a pool or fitness area?
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lincoln, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This place is gross. It smells. It's dirty. The toilets don't work well. It smells. There was hair stuck to the ceiling in our bathroom. It smells. The carpet is crap. The bed sheets had burn holes in them. The pillows were lumpy. The pillow cases were turned yellow. It smells (did I mention the place SMELLS?). To have a working phone in your rooms requires a $10 deposit. The tile in the bathroom was filthy. The worst hotel I have ever seen, slept in, stood in, breathed in, etc. etc. DO NOT STAY HERE. Stay in your car, sleep at a homeless shelter or on a park bench. This place was GROSS!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Norfolk, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Very cheap, but not clean. There were spiders in the bathtub. Breakfast left much to be desired. It's a few miles from the stadium, but not likely to sell out on game weekends. I recommend it for people on a tight budget and who aren't interested in hotel amenities.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Fraser, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

It was the only place left to stay for parent weekend U of M. We actually stopped in to check it out after reading all the negative reviews. I was not excited to say the least, it smelled and was dark and very outdated. Well nothing else ever became available...so we went armed with Lysol spray, Lysol wipes and fragrance oil burner, oh and my own blanket to cocoon in. They must of done some cleaning prior to our arrival, the smell wasn't as awful. After cleaning and checking for bed bugs I was able to relax and fall asleep(they have no registry incidents for bed bugs, I checked). The beds were not bad, I am a mattress snob lol when you have the best at home. Don't get ice out of the machine! My husband was going to get some and the top was open and there was mold all in the inside...ick! Our friends room, their shower did not drain, did not have a tv remote, cigarette burns in their blankets. Sadly to say I would try to find an alternate hotel. They should not be charging $150 a night for this hotel for parent weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Said no one, ever. Any rating here above one star is either a mistake (meant for another hotel, which it appears at least one of the 5 star reviews is), the reviewer is a shill for the owner, or is blind and has lost their sense of smell. My friend and I, with kids, checked into two separate rooms this past Friday night....both toilets had not been cleaned....mine appeared to have been the target of someone with explosive diarrhea. The sheets were dirty, the pillows had hair on them (not one or two strands, I'm talking enough to knit a nice pot holder). After complaining at the front desk, I then looked at 3 other rooms, each slightly better than the last....key word there being slightly. Finally settled (it was late) for a Jacuzzi suite that at least had clean sheets and no cra* in the toilet. You know things are bad when you feel you've scored big with a dirty, but not overly so, toilet. We left the next day, considering the second night a sunk cost. Avoid at ALL COSTS. This place should be condemned.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I am on my way back right now from a 3 night stay at this hotel and omg by far the most awful hotel I have ever stepped foot in to let alone stayed at. Tried to get out of staying there the last 2 nights but they have a 72 hour cancellation policy which is impossible considering we were driving there from MN so we didn't know 72 hours in advance...more like right when we walked in. Worst smell ever greeted us... Walked in to our room and right away knew it was just dirty. Poop stains on the toilet seats, yellow stains on our "clean towels" the shower was nasty, floor was dirty, the tv was an old school box tv (least of my worries) no clock in the room. Went to michaels to buy blankets because there was NO way I was touching that bedding. DAY 2: gone all day came back to a room that wasnt cleaned, just made the beds. Not only was our bathroom not cleaned but our toilet was actually used and not flushed. I wentto the front desk to complain and he just asked if I wanted clean towels. Didn't seem fazed at All. DAY 3: gone all day returned to untouched room besides made beds and this night we found bugs crawling on the carpet! Looked like beetles of some sort. Terrible terrible experience and if I end up with bed bugs I will be So pissed off yet not surprised at all. Avoid at all costs!! Keep driving do not stop or stay here and make the same mistake we did. In my opinion staying here ruined my mini vacation. Not to mention it's not safe all the back doors and side doors are broken so anyone can just walk in.

• Stayed October 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute for the home opening football game due to low price and limited availability. BIG MISTAKE! The hotel was dirty and dingy upon entering. The ice machines did not work and the A/C seemed to be off as well. We checked into our room and found what looked a lot like a bullet hole in the window. Pulling the covers back we found a box of used and open condoms and a used bottle of lotion. Absolutely unsanitary, unsafe, and disgusting. We immediately checked out and luckily contacted our booking agency who refunded our rate. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor? Share your experiences!