“Had no choice” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 30 hotels in Ann Arbor
Fraser, MI
“Had no choice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

It was the only place left to stay for parent weekend U of M. We actually stopped in to check it out after reading all the negative reviews. I was not excited to say the least, it smelled and was dark and very outdated. Well nothing else ever became available...so we went armed with Lysol spray, Lysol wipes and fragrance oil burner, oh and my own blanket to cocoon in. They must of done some cleaning prior to our arrival, the smell wasn't as awful. After cleaning and checking for bed bugs I was able to relax and fall asleep(they have no registry incidents for bed bugs, I checked). The beds were not bad, I am a mattress snob lol when you have the best at home. Don't get ice out of the machine! My husband was going to get some and the top was open and there was mold all in the inside...ick! Our friends room, their shower did not drain, did not have a tv remote, cigarette burns in their blankets. Sadly to say I would try to find an alternate hotel. They should not be charging $150 a night for this hotel for parent weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Said no one, ever. Any rating here above one star is either a mistake (meant for another hotel, which it appears at least one of the 5 star reviews is), the reviewer is a shill for the owner, or is blind and has lost their sense of smell. My friend and I, with kids, checked into two separate rooms this past Friday night....both toilets had not been cleaned....mine appeared to have been the target of someone with explosive diarrhea. The sheets were dirty, the pillows had hair on them (not one or two strands, I'm talking enough to knit a nice pot holder). After complaining at the front desk, I then looked at 3 other rooms, each slightly better than the last....key word there being slightly. Finally settled (it was late) for a Jacuzzi suite that at least had clean sheets and no cra* in the toilet. You know things are bad when you feel you've scored big with a dirty, but not overly so, toilet. We left the next day, considering the second night a sunk cost. Avoid at ALL COSTS. This place should be condemned.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I am on my way back right now from a 3 night stay at this hotel and omg by far the most awful hotel I have ever stepped foot in to let alone stayed at. Tried to get out of staying there the last 2 nights but they have a 72 hour cancellation policy which is impossible considering we were driving there from MN so we didn't know 72 hours in advance...more like right when we walked in. Worst smell ever greeted us... Walked in to our room and right away knew it was just dirty. Poop stains on the toilet seats, yellow stains on our "clean towels" the shower was nasty, floor was dirty, the tv was an old school box tv (least of my worries) no clock in the room. Went to michaels to buy blankets because there was NO way I was touching that bedding. DAY 2: gone all day came back to a room that wasnt cleaned, just made the beds. Not only was our bathroom not cleaned but our toilet was actually used and not flushed. I wentto the front desk to complain and he just asked if I wanted clean towels. Didn't seem fazed at All. DAY 3: gone all day returned to untouched room besides made beds and this night we found bugs crawling on the carpet! Looked like beetles of some sort. Terrible terrible experience and if I end up with bed bugs I will be So pissed off yet not surprised at all. Avoid at all costs!! Keep driving do not stop or stay here and make the same mistake we did. In my opinion staying here ruined my mini vacation. Not to mention it's not safe all the back doors and side doors are broken so anyone can just walk in.

• Stayed October 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute for the home opening football game due to low price and limited availability. BIG MISTAKE! The hotel was dirty and dingy upon entering. The ice machines did not work and the A/C seemed to be off as well. We checked into our room and found what looked a lot like a bullet hole in the window. Pulling the covers back we found a box of used and open condoms and a used bottle of lotion. Absolutely unsanitary, unsafe, and disgusting. We immediately checked out and luckily contacted our booking agency who refunded our rate. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had everything I needed, floor was in need of shampooing, staff was more than friendly, Priceline over charged me according to rates I received after my Priceline day ended and I staed on, close to everything, quiet and I had no problems, the others wanted service and quality like Holiday Inn, go there then and leave these people alone, doing everything to improve the property, new management.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
angola, in
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

just stayed there this week, wow is all I can say,worst hotel I have ever stayed in,the smell knocked you out when you walked in, the rooms were filthy,dark and drab hall ways,no coffee,no clocks in the room,security was needed badly,please do not stay there

Room Tip: do not stay there
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

took 45 minutes to check into the hotel. Hotel was dirty and smells like Indian food. No one seems to care that we were late for our engagement. worst experience ever! Booked the room through Priceline and it was like they didn't know how to to check us in! I guess it would help if they spoke English! do not stay at this hotel spend the extra money and stay somewhere else it will be worth every penny!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor? Share your experiences!