“Find an alternative!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Find an alternative!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute for the home opening football game due to low price and limited availability. BIG MISTAKE! The hotel was dirty and dingy upon entering. The ice machines did not work and the A/C seemed to be off as well. We checked into our room and found what looked a lot like a bullet hole in the window. Pulling the covers back we found a box of used and open condoms and a used bottle of lotion. Absolutely unsanitary, unsafe, and disgusting. We immediately checked out and luckily contacted our booking agency who refunded our rate. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had everything I needed, floor was in need of shampooing, staff was more than friendly, Priceline over charged me according to rates I received after my Priceline day ended and I staed on, close to everything, quiet and I had no problems, the others wanted service and quality like Holiday Inn, go there then and leave these people alone, doing everything to improve the property, new management.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
angola, in
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

just stayed there this week, wow is all I can say,worst hotel I have ever stayed in,the smell knocked you out when you walked in, the rooms were filthy,dark and drab hall ways,no coffee,no clocks in the room,security was needed badly,please do not stay there

Room Tip: do not stay there
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

took 45 minutes to check into the hotel. Hotel was dirty and smells like Indian food. No one seems to care that we were late for our engagement. worst experience ever! Booked the room through Priceline and it was like they didn't know how to to check us in! I guess it would help if they spoke English! do not stay at this hotel spend the extra money and stay somewhere else it will be worth every penny!

• Stayed July 2013
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Upon finding the property we were greeted with a filthy front door and lobby...so maybe they were having a bad day. That is until they showed us our room....pills on the floor, trash on the furniture, cigarette butts on the dresser tops. Two ice machines, both broken. Parking area littered with all types of garbage. I have never seen a property so disgusting. We did not stay.
The swimming pool was closed over with a big tarp held down with cinder block. Please, take my advise and pass on this property.

Room Tip: Avoid this motel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Redford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I never complain, (I don't have time to) so for me to take the time to write this means it is an awful motel. I don't have unreasonable expectations but this was by far the worst place I have ever been to. Three inches of standing water in the lobby we had to walk through to check in, (our shoes were ruined). We then got to our "Jacuzzi suite" only to find a puddle of water near the bed. We then told the manager and he put us in a different room (which was also leaking). We tried to make the best of things and drew a bath in the Jacuzzi. That's when I began to notice gunk which must have been hidden underneath the nonslip matt that started surfacing up in the bubbles (which I bought). The room was dirty, the shower had dirt on the walls, the sink had a mysterious substance, the toilet was dirty. We tried to rough it out, until I pulled the comforter back, which had huge urine spots. That's when we decided to check out. The manager will not refund us because after I showed him the comforter he offered us a different room. After seeing two rooms, I didn't need to see anymore! That's just the unbearable complaints, the pool had no water, the entire facility was very outdated and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years, and the smell of the entire building should have sent me running as soon as I walked in. I am disgusted with the facility and poor management. When we were leaving to our car there were a few people partying with a baby near our car. We felt unsafe and glad we left before our car got broken into. Please don't waste your money. This place needs condemned!

Room Tip: DONT GO HERE! you can find as good of a deal somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ithaca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I don't have high expectations for a $50 hotel. You don't expect loveliness for that price. It was OK. The breakfast was pretty vile, again, no expectations otherwise. There was a vat of raisin bran, so I did fine. The Thai restaurant on site was a treat. Close to major roads. However, I will not go back because the whole building reeks of scented cleaning product. Way too much for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor? Share your experiences!