“Unmitigated DUMP.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 30 hotels in Ann Arbor
Baltimore
“Unmitigated DUMP.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Wow, I remember this site about 30-40 years ago as a Holiday Inn. We all know that properties change "flags" and management companies, but the current "operator" (and I'm being kind when I call them an "operator") of this property ought NOT to be in the hotel business. Fllthy, filthy, filthy, filthy. Thread-bare sheets and "towels". (more like Kleenex) Dirty carpet, unresponsive staff. The so-called Continental Breakfast was bad coffee and dry cereal. Oh well, you get what you paid for, next time, I'll stay at a branded hotel. Only good thing is location, EZ access to east side of A2, and right of US-23. But, unless you are alone, (NEVER bring a wife or your children to this dump) I'd pay a few bucks more, and stay at the Roof. (Even tho I'm no fan of RR either)

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Maplewood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Room smelled so bad that we had to leave. Couldn't breathe. Wouldn't issue refund. Avoid this flea bag hotel at all costs. It's not worth $10 a night. They couldn't pay me to stay there again. Dirty. Disgusting. My wife wouldn't touch the quilt for fear of bugs. Got the room through hotels.com and they also wouldn't issue a refund. Will never use them again either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The only good thing about this place is location. Otherwise is overpriced and extremely outdated. I think appliances, carpets and everything else must be at least as old as the original building. Probably built in the 1950's. even the linens and towels were old and the soap and shampoos were the cheapest you can think.

• Stayed November 2012
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place is dirty. Unfortunately my friend and I stayed here for a Michigan vs Michigan State game. If it wasn't for being die hard Michigan fans we would have left, but all the hotels in town were soldout. After reading the reviews on trip advisor we checked the bed upon arrival to find hairs, chip crumbs, etc on the unchanged sheets. We asked for new sheets and made the bed ourselves. When we asked the front desk to call us a taxi they replied with giving us a number instead of just calling one for us.
This place is run down and dirty with an unpleasant odour.
At least Michigan won and made the stay worth it. Go Blue!

Room Tip: If you have to stay check the bedsheets.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for the spring and summer 2012 semesters while attending law school in Ann Arbor. As an extended-stay guest, I can attest that this hotel and its staff provide a hospitable, clean, and comfortable atmosphere for its guests. And this is not because the staff had become more familiar with me as an extended-stay guest, but because I witnessed their hospitality extend to all guests there.
The rooms were always comfortable and the wireless connection was 100%.
My primary goal was to find a no-frills, clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced place to stay in Ann Arbor and this hotel not only met this goal but exceeded it. Its staff really did make me feel right "at home," even though I really was far from my home in Texas. And when I made my transition back to Texas, the hotel's manager Nancy went above and beyond her regular duties to make the transition go as smoothly as possible. From calling cabs for airport rides into Detroit airport to corresponding with auto shippers, she really helped make the transition a painless one.

• Stayed January 2012
WATERFORD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

A group of 5 couples booked here because there was a large convention in A2 and most rooms were booked. There are plenty of reasons why this motel had availability! When we entered the lobby, the smell of smoke and mustiness was prevalent. The front desk clerk was unpleasant and unhelpful. The elevator was actually scary - so old and out-dated, we opted for the stairs when possible. Each couple went to their rooms, then planned to meet in one of the "suites" shortly after. Our room was very tired, and not very clean. We actually pulled down the spread and briefly checked the sheets because we were concerned about the cleanliness. We proceeded to our friend's suite to find that one of the couples checked their bed and actually found a bug - that jumped! Ugh. We were checking the suite room, and found blood on the sheets, Double ugh. One other couple said their sheets hadn't even been changed. Extreme Ugh. We knew we couldn't stay, and since there were no other vacancies, we went home - fortunately only about an hours' drive away. The clerk refused a refund because the reservations were made 3rd party (Travelocity). Do not under any circumstances go here -- you'd be better off sleeping in your car!

Room Tip: We saw 5 rooms - there were no good ones.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We arrived for the color run 2012 And the room seemed decent u till we inspected more closely, the ajoining room door was badly damaaged, there was blood stains on the walls of the room and the bathroom as well as the ceiling of the bathroom and a badly cleaned shower! Very unsanitary, unfortunately all hotels were booked so we had no choice but to buy our own Lysol and attempt to sanitize the room. Pool empty, staircases smell of urine. I'm sure you will have no record of our stay but this review is 100% accurate and have photographic proof. Do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to A Victory Inn & Suites - Ann Arbor? Share your experiences!