“My favorite place in the world!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Alpena, MI
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 40 things to do in Alpena
Utica, Michigan, United States
“My favorite place in the world!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We also have a cottage on the lake and vacation there as often as we can. The scenery is beautiful and the lake is perfect!! I'd rather spend my vacation time there more than anywhere else. Within driving distance to both Traverse City and Mackinac as well without an overnight stay and lots of things to do in Alpena! Don't miss the sunken ship tour!!!

Visited May 2013

Alpena, Michigan, United States
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I love Beaver Lake,,the park bathrooms are always clean.Its always clean and well kept,,they give children rides in the evening when you go camping.I recommend Beaver Lake Park.

Visited May 2012
Milan, Michigan
26 attraction reviews
“Loons, Lures, and Lazy Days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I own a cottage on Beaver Lake... and I hesitate to recommend Beaver Lake because I wish I had this whole beautiful lake to myself! As another review said, Beaver Lake is extremely clean and clear. I kayak around the lake frequently and on calm days it's not uncommon to see down 20 or more feet to view big bass or turtles swimming by. Another testament to it's cleanliness are the loon families that inhabit the edges. It's haunting to hear them calling at night and during the dawn/dusk hours before the boats and skiers get louder. It's also common to see deer drinking in the reeds or bald eagles swooping to grab a fish. You don't see this in an overcrowded lake with pollution!

There is public access at a County Park on the southeast side of the lake. All other areas are privately owned... and generally by people who respect the lake and each other for the enjoyment of all! Not sure if there are fees for the launch or not, but it's a nice park and quite popular.

Visited October 2011
Pewee Valley, Kentucky
5 attraction reviews
“One of the clearest lakes you'll find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

I have been going to Beaver Lake since I was a little girl. It is so clear that you can see the sand on the bottom in the middle of the lake! There are a lot of clams, so kids will have a great time looking for them! The only thing to keep in mind is swimmer's itch season...

Been to Beaver Lake? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Beaver Lake, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.