“Rethink before you book!” 2 of 5 stars

Woodridge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7996 N. Alger Rd., Alma, MI 48801   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Alma
South Haven, Michigan
“Rethink before you book!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Pictures of hotel are deceiving on website. We checked in and already had to switch rooms within 10 mintues due to the old 1970's air conditioner not working in 85 degree weather. Rooms did not have phones, the pool was nasty, cloudy and dirty. The staff was helpful but hotel needs new management! or close it down. Would NOT recommend this place at all! Was glad other softball families stayed at this place the same time we did.

Room Tip: Look at rooms first before paying!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
23Manager22, Public Relations Manager at Woodridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
We apologize if you feel you were decieved yet the pictures on the website were recently taken of our rooms, yes they do differ but we are working feverishly to paint and carpet them all the same. In regards to our pool, A common misconception is about the color or tint or cloudiness, our pool is a bromine based system not chlorine, there is a difference in the color/tint/cloudiness as bromine breaks down to a chemical called sodium chloride which is better known as salt. It is widely used in spas and hot subs but is a stronger sanitizing agent. Much less harsh on eyes, skin and clothes than chlorine but three times the cost. Pool test data is available at any time to our guests as well as health inspection data.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
coopersville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin! First I was overcharged. They did my reservation with a holiday rate and we checked in on June 25 and were going to stay three nights. No holiday in sight. When I brought this to their attention the front desk told me they were not authorized to change it and would leave a note for the manager who would be in in the morning. Spoke to the manager in the morning and there was no note but she did refund the difference to my card. Told me it could take up to thirty days to hit my card.
The room and bedding smelled. The mattresses were hard because they were so old. Bedding was stained. Bathroom fan didn't work, had to plunge our own toilet.
We let them know the first morning that we were CHECKING OUT EARLY and cancelled the third night. Since it was a day that the manager was in she was able to refund us one night but again it could take up to thirty days to hit my card.
They advertise a free breakfast which is really a five dollar off breakfast at Big Boy across the parking lot. The food and service at Big Boy was the ONLY good thing about the stay.

At least we paid by credit card. Someone else with our group paid in cash, cancelled their third night on time and was not given her cash back by the manager. Manager told her she was not authorized to give her back cash and would see what she could do. A day later and still no cash. Front desk won't call the manager or give her the owners phone number.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Unfortunatly, we as humans tend to make mistakes, but yes we will correct them as we did in your case. We apologize if your stay was less than desired. We are a privately owned and operated non-franchised hotel. We offer clean affordable rooms with a nice indoor heated pool. We strive on friendly service and accomadating our guests to the best of our abilities, we do our best to make them happy and make their stay as pleasurable as possible. We apologize if this did not suit your needs. We appreciate you staying with us.
- Holly
NEW YORK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Reply to me from front desk staffer after I dialed reception and no one picked up: "Oh, the phones in the room don't work. I don't know why they don't just rip them all out of there."
Arrival at Room - disappointment and stale air smell. Windows nailed shut.
Maid - did not visit our room to clean once.
Microwave - when you plug it in the light goes on - nothing happens otherwise.
Door stoppers - rubber stopper off, sharp broken wire tip
Light Switch Plates - cracked
Tub - rust line from taps to drain. Brown water from tap for first few seconds.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Though we apologize for any inconvienience you feel you may have incurred while staying at our hotel we can assure you we have a clean bill of health through our annual health inspections at our county health department located in Ithaca, MI. Thank you for staying with us.
- Holly
Edison, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

An incident took place evening of 4/11/14 around 11:45 PM We checked into Room 110 at the Woodridge Inn and Suites. When I went to lay down and the right side of the bed (which was on my left laying down on my back) collapsed causing me to roll toward the floor and my left knee somehow turned the opposite direction causing severe pain to my left knee and severe discomfort throughout the night in severe pain unable to sleep at all. Took pictures of the bed that was apparently damaged prior to my arrival. I took a picture of the bed empty showing that no one would know it was broken then I had my son sit on it showing the sag with him at 120 lbs. I weigh 280 lbs. I later looked under the mattress and found that the box spring was broken.. Checked out around 6:00 AM spoke to the receptionist
at the Woodridge Inn and Suites Motel in Alma MI. Asked for an Incident report to be filled out and her response was “we have no incident reports”
I asked the receptionist to come to Room 110 and confirm what happened and she complied. She advised me that management knew that there were damaged furniture and beds throughout the hotel but management ordered that the rooms be sold anyway. The receptionist advised me that she witnessed me walking in with no limp or pain.
So at that time I requested that Law Enforcement be called.
Gratiot County Sheriff’s Office responded and took the incident report
I continued on my way to my event. Luckily my foster son and a friend helped me with the activities for the day. Otherwise the trip to Michigan would of been a total waste. I called several times asking to speak to the manager and have been denied or he/she does not want to take my call. I requested insurance information they refused to give it to me causing me to seek out an attorney. I had to go to the Dr. and was diagnosed with a torn miniscus requiring surgery because of their negligence. The management still refuses to return my call

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have stayed here before and have always had good luck. This time we stayed under new management and it was better. New suite with a nice area for the kid. Now a pet friendly hotel making it possible to bring our pet. Our dog broke it's leash and the staff helped us find him. Very helpful and accommodating staff, friendly environment.

• Stayed January 2014
Ovid, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Don't Stay Here
They still owe money to a customer
They double booked Rooms THE Person pocketed The Cash- Then turn Around and charged Credit card
Didn't give receipt
They will dealing with The government
NO Heat
NO service

• Stayed February 2014
Policy at Woodridge Inn & Suites is when a guests reserves a room is that the clerk does an inquiry on the credit card that holds funds until the guest checks in, should the guest decide to pay with alternate meanss such as cash, check etc.. the funds are released on that card. It may look like a charge on that card but it actuality it is a pre-authorization to hold and when that day passes the bank will release those funds back to the card holder. If there was a confusion we apologize and hope for your return business.
-Holly
Owosso
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Below zero temps and couldn't get a room with heat that worked. Charged my credit card for a room i didn't stay in, gave away rooms that were already paid for by others in our group, no extra pillows or blankets. Nothing! Bad service and James the so called manager no where to be found. Finally get hold of James and he promised a refund on my credit card and hmmmm imagine that...nothing. Won't return calls and isn't there five or six days in a row every week. Manager? I say not! Be prepared to be ripped off. Disgusting!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
We apologize for the inconvienience you endured while at our hotel, we are currently in the process of painting and recarpeting our rooms to update our establishment. We have worked hard to correct issues of the past and hope to regain your trust in the future.
-Holly

Been to Woodridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!