“Comes with Free Bug Bites” 2 of 5 stars

Woodridge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7996 N. Alger Rd., Alma, MI 48801   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Alma
NEW YORK
“Comes with Free Bug Bites”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Reply to me from front desk staffer after I dialed reception and no one picked up: "Oh, the phones in the room don't work. I don't know why they don't just rip them all out of there."
Arrival at Room - disappointment and stale air smell. Windows nailed shut.
Maid - did not visit our room to clean once.
Microwave - when you plug it in the light goes on - nothing happens otherwise.
Door stoppers - rubber stopper off, sharp broken wire tip
Light Switch Plates - cracked
Tub - rust line from taps to drain. Brown water from tap for first few seconds.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
23Manager22, Public Relations Manager at Woodridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Though we apologize for any inconvienience you feel you may have incurred while staying at our hotel we can assure you we have a clean bill of health through our annual health inspections at our county health department located in Ithaca, MI. Thank you for staying with us.
- Holly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Edison, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

An incident took place evening of 4/11/14 around 11:45 PM We checked into Room 110 at the Woodridge Inn and Suites. When I went to lay down and the right side of the bed (which was on my left laying down on my back) collapsed causing me to roll toward the floor and my left knee somehow turned the opposite direction causing severe pain to my left knee and severe discomfort throughout the night in severe pain unable to sleep at all. Took pictures of the bed that was apparently damaged prior to my arrival. I took a picture of the bed empty showing that no one would know it was broken then I had my son sit on it showing the sag with him at 120 lbs. I weigh 280 lbs. I later looked under the mattress and found that the box spring was broken.. Checked out around 6:00 AM spoke to the receptionist
at the Woodridge Inn and Suites Motel in Alma MI. Asked for an Incident report to be filled out and her response was “we have no incident reports”
I asked the receptionist to come to Room 110 and confirm what happened and she complied. She advised me that management knew that there were damaged furniture and beds throughout the hotel but management ordered that the rooms be sold anyway. The receptionist advised me that she witnessed me walking in with no limp or pain.
So at that time I requested that Law Enforcement be called.
Gratiot County Sheriff’s Office responded and took the incident report
I continued on my way to my event. Luckily my foster son and a friend helped me with the activities for the day. Otherwise the trip to Michigan would of been a total waste. I called several times asking to speak to the manager and have been denied or he/she does not want to take my call. I requested insurance information they refused to give it to me causing me to seek out an attorney. I had to go to the Dr. and was diagnosed with a torn miniscus requiring surgery because of their negligence. The management still refuses to return my call

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Alma hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have stayed here before and have always had good luck. This time we stayed under new management and it was better. New suite with a nice area for the kid. Now a pet friendly hotel making it possible to bring our pet. Our dog broke it's leash and the staff helped us find him. Very helpful and accommodating staff, friendly environment.

• Stayed January 2014
Ovid, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Don't Stay Here
They still owe money to a customer
They double booked Rooms THE Person pocketed The Cash- Then turn Around and charged Credit card
Didn't give receipt
They will dealing with The government
NO Heat
NO service

• Stayed February 2014
Policy at Woodridge Inn & Suites is when a guests reserves a room is that the clerk does an inquiry on the credit card that holds funds until the guest checks in, should the guest decide to pay with alternate meanss such as cash, check etc.. the funds are released on that card. It may look like a charge on that card but it actuality it is a pre-authorization to hold and when that day passes the bank will release those funds back to the card holder. If there was a confusion we apologize and hope for your return business.
-Holly
Owosso
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Below zero temps and couldn't get a room with heat that worked. Charged my credit card for a room i didn't stay in, gave away rooms that were already paid for by others in our group, no extra pillows or blankets. Nothing! Bad service and James the so called manager no where to be found. Finally get hold of James and he promised a refund on my credit card and hmmmm imagine that...nothing. Won't return calls and isn't there five or six days in a row every week. Manager? I say not! Be prepared to be ripped off. Disgusting!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
We apologize for the inconvienience you endured while at our hotel, we are currently in the process of painting and recarpeting our rooms to update our establishment. We have worked hard to correct issues of the past and hope to regain your trust in the future.
-Holly
DeWitt, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We made reservations without knowing what the place was like. Was concerned when we arrived but it was late and everyone was tired so we figured it would be okay for one night. WRONG! The room smelled, and was old and extremely run down. We still figured we could tough it out because it was so late. After about 5 minutes we discovered bed bugs! Left immediately. Pajamas went right into the trash. Avoid this place at all costs. It's disgusting. I can't believe it would pass a health department inspection. I have never seen any place so gross and disgusting. Should be shut down!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night, we were in town for a funeral. The price seemed good... Got into town late i had made a reservation the night before over the phone but when we arrived they had no reservation and had to ask me for all the same information. We put the bags in our room and left. We did not return till late that evening and when we turned on the lights.... We were suprised to see the light fixtures hanging off the walls, the TV got three channels, the microwave and fridge were plugged into an outlet that did not work, the shower curtain was falling off the wall, the floors were dirty, there were cob webs with dead insects in them on the cieling and to top it all off the front desk was closed... The next day after the funeral we are headed home I stop to make a purchase with the debit card I used for the room only to be told it was declined! I get home check my account they charged my card 4 times for that one night, and now management will not even return my calls! SAVE YOURSELF THE HEAD ACHE AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Woodridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!