“Comfortable spot and great start to weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Triangle Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alma
Triangle Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alma
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sterling Heights
“Comfortable spot and great start to weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My Wife and I stayed here late September and found this to be a great place to stay. After working a full day and leaving shortly after for a getaway in Traverse City, this place made a nice comfort zone mid-trip.
The shower is warm, bed is soft, Television is fantastic, and the room decor was pleasant.
We received an exceptional room after arriving after the office closed. The Owner did not hesitate to ensure that we would have a room arriving after hours. She went above and beyond and after staying here it was not surprise that the parking lot was full on arrival.

Triangle Motel is very affordable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I found this little motel on TripAdvisor last year and on the basis of the reviews I read, decided to take a chance and stay here on a business trip. Much to my delight, it was a GREAT place. I had no reservations about booking again this year for a repeat trip. The rooms are cozy, nicely decorated and CLEAN! The weather was not as nice this year so I was unable to sit out in the yard and enjoy their garden like I did last year. This motel reminds me of the ones of my youth. Not a big chain, with impersonal employees. I love the fact this is a small, American business and like to promote that when I can. I dealt with the same lady both years and she was so friendly and helpful. I look forward to repeat trips in the area and being able to stay at this wonderful litte jewel of a place. Oh...as an afterthought...my boss LOVED it when I turned in the bill for my room. I couldn't have found anything else for lots more money that would touch this place!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Ferndale, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed 10/22/11. comfortable, friendly, great little country town. Staff catered to my needs and did so in a great and friendly way while still being down to earth. nice little place, anytime im in the area, this is where i will be staying.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
As always, we thank you for taking Your time to review our motel. Though our "thank you's" may seem redundant, it is not lost on us that it takes time and effort to post a review and we really do appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Thanks again!
Western Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We were in the Alma area after biking the wonderful rail-trail there and decided to check out the Triangle Motel based on reviews. What a deal! A "blast from the past", this remodeled motel is super clean and comfy with flat screen TVs, microwaves and refrigerators. They have a nice yard in front, and, though there is a busy street in back, the fan on the air system drowned out the road noise and we had a very peaceful rest - no people noise even though all the rooms were booked. Very nice owners who were always ready to answer questions and give directions. Will definitely stay there again! We recommend the Great Wall in downtown Alma for some great Chinese cuisine in a very casual atmosphere or for take-out.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you so much for taking your time to review our motel. We smiled at your headline, "for picky guests" because when we travel, we are just that: picky, picky, picky! So to make you happy means a lot to us! We look forward to seeing you again.
Thanks,
Michelle & Judy
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I recently spent 2 nights at The Triangle Motel to attend my 50th College Homecoming. The place is a 'gem'. The room was spotless, well appointed, and cozy. The proprietors were extremely accommodating and pleasant. I asked for a recommendation for a place to have breakfast and the owner suggested a couple of places one of which I selected and it was excellent. The owners seem to take pride in managing their property and it shows! Don't miss out on staying here the next time you are in the Alma area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
At the risk of sounding like a broken record....Thank you for your review! We have the best guests! It really does mean so much to us when you take the time to share your thoughts and comments with others. Thanks again.
Defiance, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We spent two nights here and we were very happy with the room and the updates and comforts. Only problem was the traffic from across the road at the gas station Friday night was noise until about 11pm then it quieted down we could turn off the tv that was on to drowned out the traffic noise. The owners were very nice and pleasant to talk with. Definitely will stay here again close to all the places we wanted to go!
Thank You!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
MichellePs, Owner at Triangle Motel, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate it when guests take the time to share their thoughts about our property and their stay. We hope to see you in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I enjoyed my night at the Triangle because it was, as I expected from other reviewers, a decent clean place with a good bed, in a quiet neighborhood, and with a friendly staff.
The first plus is a good-size flat-screen TV with a full range of cable stations, and a remote control I could easily operate.
The next surprise was a remote in the bedside table that operated the AC.
And the third plus was a removable wand-style shower head with great pressure and mounted up high.

Room Tip: all ten rooms face south, so close the room-darkening drapes if you want to sleep in.