I stayed at this property for one night (and have another stay coming up in a month) because I was in town on business. The ease of getting to the property from the airport is fairly easy. I was a bit concerned about the area pulling up to the hotel, because it seems to be in a commercial area with not much around, but after checking in and asking the front desk there was a huge shopping area across the interstate about a mile away with restaurants (free appetizer at Longhorn if you show your room key).
The front desk girls were very efficient and friendly and I had no problems there. I was on the first floor with two queen beds. You can definitely tell the hotel is older, because of the wallpaper and décor in the rooms. The bathroom was also very outdated. With that said, everything appeared to be clean and tidy. The room did smell a bit musty when I walked in, but I think it probably hadn't been used in a while. The beds were decent, I didn't have any issues sleeping. I had to unplug the clock radio though, because it kept making this weird staticky noise even though it wasn't being used.
The best part about this hotel was the free breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised with the variety off food from fresh fruit, cereal, French toast, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, chocolate milk, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee, etc. Definitely made the stay!
Overall, my stay was fine for the price that I paid at $109.00 a night it did the trick. I'm looking forward to staying in a different room on my next stay to see if that is any different. If you are just passing through and looking for a reasonably priced room and don't mind it needing updates this is a good hotel for you.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Allen Park-Dearborn Hotel Allen Park
- Holiday Inn Express Allen Park-Dearborn Hotel
- Holiday Inn Allen Park
- Allen Park Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Allen Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen Park-Dearborn/Detroit at Greenfield Village is conveniently located off I-94 exit 206, minutes from downtown Detroit, Dearborn, Downriver and Detroit Metro Airport. 'Stay Smart' at the well appointed Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen Park-Dearborn/Detroit, the nicest Express in the Midwest with free high-speed Internet access and deluxe, hot continental breakfast. Enjoy shopping at Fairlane Green Mall & lunch or dinner at 16 mouthwatering restaurants across from the hotel. For any occasion try one of our Jacuzzi suites with 32' LCD high definition TVs, DVD players and seasonal gas fireplaces. 200 free movies are available at the front desk.We are only 5 minutes from the Henry Ford & Greenfield Village, 10 minutes from downtown Detroit, Ford Field and Cobo Hall Comerica Park and the Tigers, Fox Theater, Ford Field, Joe Louis, Detroit Opera House, Gem Theater, Detroit Institute of Arts, Motown Museum, Dearborn Country Club & Taylor Meadows The hotel is close to Ford Motor HQ and campus, Rouge F150 factory, Allen Park Testing Lab & New Ford Vehicle Ops, Automotive Components, Henry Ford Health Systems, Belle Tire HQ, Lear, GM, SPX, Eaton, GE, Masco, Prax Air, BP, CSX, Carhartt, Cummins Diesel, AAA HQ, AT&T, University of Michigan Dearborn and Oakwood Hospital. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allen Park-Dearborn/Detroit - a hotel above the rest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Allen Park-Dearborn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.